2016 base explorer aftermarket dash kit | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 base explorer aftermarket dash kit

Which one / where did you purchase?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine came with a adapter module but wasn't able to get mine to work as of now. Mine always says 30°C and never changes, there is a avanced settings code but the one provided doesn't work. The volume is at 10 when it's turned on no which is too loud, but I believe this is also in the advanced settings I can't access.
Just curious if you can change the reading to Fahrenheit with the settings menu? I'm guessing the Base model does have the ambient air sensor.

Peter

I have a 2018 Explorer and I'm in the same boat with upgrading the radio...I've accepted I can't do aftermarket. I was looking at a factory upgrade from infotainment.com. Has anyone had any dealing with this company? Just want to make sure it's legit. I've included the link the the radio upgrade below.

2016-2018 Ford Explorer 4" to 8" Sync 3 Touchscreen Upgrade

I purchased a Kirinavi tesla style unit from china. I also returned it. I shot an unboxing on my youtube. I have an install/problems/deinstall video shot, just need to edit it.

I have a 2018 Explorer and I'm in the same boat with upgrading the radio...I've accepted I can't do aftermarket. I was looking at a factory upgrade from infotainment.com. Has anyone had any dealing with this company? Just want to make sure it's legit. I've included the link the the radio upgrade below.

2016-2018 Ford Explorer 4" to 8" Sync 3 Touchscreen Upgrade

Have you looked at the 4dtech website? I think their prices are better if I remember correctly. I'm thinking of getting their sync2 to sync3 upgrade

Had anyone figured what to do on the 2016 police interceptor utility radio upgrade? Nobody can seem to give me a straight answer locally.

Had anyone figured what to do on the 2016 police interceptor utility radio upgrade? Nobody can seem to give me a straight answer locally.
I just bought a 16 PIU myself. Having same problem you figure anything out?

I just bought a 16 PIU myself. Having same problem you figure anything out?
Welcome to the Forum Jay. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted hasn't been seen here since October 1, 2020. Perhaps someone else may help out. Have you taken your PIU to an actual radio/audio shop to see what they have to say?
Just came across this thread using the 'Search' feature.

Peter

Actually yes, I did today! Not finding much. I am trying to research what is different between the 15 and 16 models. I am new to this forum but its been a huge help already. This stereo thing is really disappointing. I have got to find a way to get it done. If anyone has any suggestions please help! It's the 4.2" standard sync my ford(I think) manual front and rear climate control. I am an electrician so if I have to rip it out and fab it in myself I will. Prefer an easier route. I'm skeptical of the android plug and play options. Has anyone had any luck with them and if so what brand/model # etc?

Actually yes, I did today! Not finding much. I am trying to research what is different between the 15 and 16 models. I am new to this forum but its been a huge help already. This stereo thing is really disappointing. I have got to find a way to get it done. If anyone has any suggestions please help! It's the 4.2" standard sync my ford(I think) manual front and rear climate control. I am an electrician so if I have to rip it out and fab it in myself I will. Prefer an easier route. I'm skeptical of the android plug and play options. Has anyone had any luck with them and if so what brand/model # etc?

i have the 4.2 in my 17 PIU. Best i was able to do was replace the speakers and put in a amp and sub.

Anyone trying to replace the factory stereo needs to read the crutchfield link already posted. It covers all the details and things you will lose etc.. because these cars were heavily optioned each car is usually different so you will need very specific parts based on your model and options. This should also apply to 2013-2015 with slight changes

I purchased a Kirinavi tesla style unit from china. I also returned it. I shot an unboxing on my youtube. I have an install/problems/deinstall video shot, just need to edit it.
I have been looking at the same unit, so you don't believe it's worth it?

Back