drivers heated seat not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

drivers heated seat not working

NascarFastcar

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 xlt
So the drivers side heated seat do not not work in my 16 xlt. Passenger side does.
I assume the coil that is broken. I unbolted the seat and unplugged what I assumed to be the right plug. I checked continuity on the male pin and seen nothing. I checked the pins on the female plug under the seat and the two top pins are ground and the bottom ones are 5volts and 11-13volts at all times? I uploaded a picture of the part number I cant find anything online. Can someone point me in the right direction?

20191026_181900.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Searched AutoNation and a Ford dealer site and came up empty. Part number may no longer be valid as it doesn't come up in a Google search either. Perhaps check with an auto 'recycler'?

Peter

Searched AutoNation and a Ford dealer site and came up empty. Part number may no longer be valid as it doesn't come up in a Google search either. Perhaps check with an auto 'recycler'?

Peter
Gonna visit ford monday... also do these seats just have an element in the bottom cushion? Passenger seems like the back gets warm as well.

See this post; Seat Heat
Both front seats should heat and cool the cushion and back.

Peter

Gonna visit ford monday... also do these seats just have an element in the bottom cushion? Passenger seems like the back gets warm as well.

Leather or cloth? If leather (ventilated), seat and back heat and it isnt a coil or pad. I forget the term but it blows hot air.

I think it matters if it's just a heated seat or heated/cooled seat. The leather seats in mine are just heated.

I think I'm wrong and there's no difference between the blowers for heat only and heat/cool. Big price difference in the cushions though. Damn

The seats are just heated I believe. I know what you guys are saying with that blower heating element and it dosent have that. Just that plug running up in the back.

Any update??

Back