2016 Explorer Order Guide | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Explorer Order Guide

Because some of the 15 models now only have SYNC on that same size emblem, they dropped the Microsoft.
Old stock photography

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure those will be gone on the production models. Also notice that the tires of the Explorer on Fords site don't have any markings whatsoever on the sidewalls.
In the 'Debut' thread I posted that the Platinum model shown there had Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 tires.

Peter

Yes, I realize that Riley, but all pictures of tires that I've seen and have been able to identify are those Hankooks. They were on the Explorer that was shown on the Edmunds site as well and those pictures didn't seem to be from the LA Auto Show. I doubt, however, that all the models will have the same brand, just like the current models don't.

Peter

Auto Dimming Driver's Side Mirror

According the order guide... BLIS includes a Driver's Side auto dimming mirror on XLT and Limited, but on Sport and Platinum it says "rearview" mirror. The auto dimming rearview mirror is included in the 202A, so I'm wondering if this is a misprint? Minor thing, but I think this is the first time I've seen a driver's side auto dimming mirror offered on the Explorer. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Does anyone know if the MY16 will come with an auto dimming driver's side mirror on the Sport & Platinum?

Welcome to the Forum jdmac27.:wavey:
I would think that the listing for the Sport is a misprint since auto dimming rearview mirror was already shown before. As for the Platinum, I didn't see any reference to a rearview or driver's side mirrors. All I saw was "Mirrors – Satin Chrome Mirror Caps".

Peter

don't understand Ford's marketing attempts to save costs on little things. My 2007 Focus had Auto diming rearview and both side mirrors, and it was $17k new. WTF?

According the order guide... BLIS includes a Driver's Side auto dimming mirror on XLT and Limited, but on Sport and Platinum it says "rearview" mirror. The auto dimming rearview mirror is included in the 202A, so I'm wondering if this is a misprint? Minor thing, but I think this is the first time I've seen a driver's side auto dimming mirror offered on the Explorer. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Does anyone know if the MY16 will come with an auto dimming driver's side mirror on the Sport & Platinum?

My Sport has them now so I highly doubt they were dropped.

It also says all the features/options of the previous/lower model are included.

I'm definitely getting a 2016MY Sport...

The 2016 Explorers at the NAIAS (Detroit Auto Show) had Hankook tires. I think that was the Platinum that I noticed them on too.

Chris

If I am reading this right...the trailer tow packages are NOT available on the Limited? What the heck were they thinking!

The Order Guide shows trailer tow packages available on the 300A and 301A packages. If you do a Price & Build, you will see that the tow package is offered on the 303A package as well. So the tow packages (Class II & III) are available across the all Limited models.

Peter

If I am reading this right...the trailer tow packages are NOT available on the Limited? What the heck were they thinking!

Where are you seeing that? They are option 52R and 52T depending on engine choice with the 300A and 301A package.

Yeah I saw that! I was looking at the 303A package!

damn such a tough decision to get a '15 Sport or a '16 Sport to replace my totaled '13

Unless time and/or money is a consideration, I'd wait until the 2016 models come out. Last day to order a 2015 is Jan. 30th. 2016 begins actual production May 4th.

Peter

Looks like an 8" touch screen is now standard on the XLT. AWESOME!!! I think I'm gonna wait for the 2016. Need to get rid of my 2003 bad!

Hey guys. Quick background here. Previous Ford Escape owner. Upgraded to a Volvo XC90. Currently in a BMW X5 (but miss the extra cargo room from my XC). Looking at the '16 Explorer. Definitely looking at the platinum, but wondering if I can get the same items I need in the Limited.

Apparently my questions all revolve around the seats:

From the order guide noticed they have a notation saying 2nd row heated buckets only available in limited. No notation on the platinum model - however I would "assume" it would be fully loaded - but who knows...maybe if I went with buckets there would be no 2nd row heating?

So then that brings me to a follow up question which is: Any feedback on 2nd row buckets with console or bench? Know from looking at the '15 2nd row bucks have fore/aft movement whereas the bench only has the 40 section fore/aft movement. Any opinions?

Finally anyone have any experience with the power-assist fold on the 2nd row buckets or what this is exactly? Finally anyone with any experience on the multi-contour seats - which the platinum will have up front (I see Taurus has had this for a few years) Is this just an automated function instead of us having to use the power lumbar support to adjust the seats for comfort?

Thanks to all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum jkopelchuk.:wavey:
The order guide shows 2nd row heated seats for the Platinum so I'm guessing it doesn't matter which seats you order. As for the power-assist folding 2nd row buckets if it is the same as I have in the MKT, it is activated by a button for each bucket that folds the seat and tumbles it forward. They have to manually put back into the upright position. The middle portion of the 2nd row bench is very tight. Only about 11 inches or so wide based on the 2011 Limited I had. The buckets I have are heated and cooled but it seems the 2016 Explorer only has the heated buckets.

Peter

Back