Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

2016 firewall access

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods' started by emerica243, January 7, 2019.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. emerica243

emerica243 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      16 explorer xlt
      I've been through countless threads here and still have not found a concrete answer on easiest firewall access from engine bay to cabin for a switch.

I've heard under drivers you have to drill your own hole. I've heard there's a gromet on passenger side but you have to remove glove box. And I've heard it's easiest to just b go through the door sill/fender. I've attached a photo of my driver's side footwell.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a entry point/gromet if there is one here? If not, what are the easiest methods.

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Sgt1411

Sgt1411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      VanBC/GoodyearAZ
      2017 Explorer SPORT
    4. emerica243

emerica243 New Member

16 explorer xlt
      I went through all the PDFs and dont see anythng specific to the Explorer\interceptor, only the Sedan. And even going through all the docs, i found zero documentation for firewall access