2016 Ford Explorer Noises | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ford Explorer Noises

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
I have a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport and I brought it into the dealership twice regarding a noise issue and they said "cannot replicate problem." I now have video of the noises and I am looking for opinions based on them. Basically when I turn the wheel left or right, it makes a clicking, tapping noise. I can turn it a little bit or alot, and the there would be a clicking noise coming from the front. Also when the engine is idling, I can hear a faint squeaking or whistling noise. I have included two videos of the noise.

Clicking noise when turning wheel and whistling or squeaking noise at idle.

Clicking noise when turning wheel

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are two more videos of the whistling noise.

I'll print up the TSB and bring it to the service advisor and see what they say. I'm curious about that whistling noise though. It kinda sounds like a bad pulley but also sounds like a leak somewhere, not really sure. It started making that noise 10 months into the purchase of the vehicle since 2016.

Sort of difficult to tell about the "whistling noise". What I heard does seem like a possible bad bearing noise. Is it any more noticeable with the hood open so that you can isolate it?

Peter

Back