2016 xlt adding blind spot sensors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 xlt adding blind spot sensors

Red423

Reaction score
City, State
Ft Misery, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT lotsa trim
I have the 202a pkg and it does not have blind spot sensors, anyone install an aftermarket and are happy with it??? I have had this off lease for less than 3 weeks. (42k miles), today the 306 code came up #6 ignition failure, ran it to Dealer (ford) and they told me to fix it will run me 100.00 deductible plus a spark plug. This exp was Factory Certified, with additional warranty, also have the extended warranty and they claim it's on me. Factory Certified warranty says it's covered, (not plug but coil pack) now they claim injector may be bad. Kept car overnight. I am thinking damn I have possessed the car for less than 3 weeks they supposedly did 170 pt check, and I am on the hook for repairs?? hmmmmmmm so I am guessing that ford certified program is useless and we are going back to rip off dealers who promise the world and don't deliver...........took three weeks to get the second Key FOB, nice job with the inspection deal huh?? LMK on the sensor kit I am setting this one up for our kid it will be her first car to use......thanks red

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Red.:wave:
Are you referring to the BLIS system with the warning lights in the mirrors or the sensors in the rear bumper?

Peter

In a way yes. I have been looking at aftermarket, just for side spots I have the front and rear in the options package from ford. I would like to add side sensors it would be easier to just add on a aftermarket system. both sides and an alarm. Have you done that?? thanks red

The vehicles I've had have the factory BLIS feature. If you are looking at aftermarket kits then I don't believe anyone here has installed any. Ford does not list one in the Accessories Store either. You can do an Internet search and see what is available. I found this; Blind Spot Monitoring Systems - GOSHERS

Peter

Seems rather expensive for an aftermarket system.

flea bAY has one for 59.00 don't like the idea of exposed wiring I may take a chance and just order one up. thanks red

I have the 202a pkg and it does not have blind spot sensors, anyone install an aftermarket and are happy with it???

In a way yes. I have been looking at aftermarket, just for side spots I have the front and rear in the options package from ford. I would like to add side sensors it would be easier to just add on a aftermarket system. both sides and an alarm. Have you done that?? thanks red

Comments are a bit confusing. Do you have blis/sensors or not? If so, are you saying it doesn't cover the blind spots?

My 16 has blis and it covers the rear and side blind spots - no need for an added aftermarket system for sides.

Back