Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
*grumble grumble*

You all know the drill by now, right? June 2-4, Carlisle, PA @ the fairgrounds. General info on the show can be found here: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx

We show our clunkers and we're proud of it. This year the management isn't assigning classes until you actually arrive. Which is weird, but I think it has to do with managing space more efficiently. Inevitably, we'll end up on the back side of the lovingly nicknamed '******* Hill'. Hopefully they'll give us a tent again so we don't fry like ants under a magnifying glass. As the register begins to fill up, I'll ask the powers that be if we qualify. When you register, do so under the club name Serious Explorations. It took us a decade to earn our place amongst Ford's more popular models; don't diss our parent site by not acknowledging it! The link to enter your vehicle in the showfield is here: http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24
General stuffs:

Come prepared for both heavy rain and super hot weather. It's not uncommon to have both during the same weekend. We typically rent a hotle (the spelling is an inside joke) for Friday and Saturday nights and have a giant sleepover to split the cost. I'm working on reserving a room but once I have something secured I'll update this post. Two days beforehand I will contact you and let you know your share, please have it ready when you arrive because I front the money out of pocket and it's gotten ugly in the past. Muchos grassyass.

We are a family, brought together by our Fords and countless crazy experiences over the last 15 years. This is the one time a year we get to see each other now that most members are married with little ones, so please act accordingly. That said, some of us still get an evil twinkle in our eye around show time and may play pranks. Shenanigans happen. It's as much a part of Carlisle weekend as getting sunburnt (I have permanent burns from 2008) and having a big ol' group dinner on Saturday night. Newbies are always welcome, we don't bite. Except Jay. Jay might bite if provoked.

If you have any questions feel free to message me. Hope to see y'all there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guess who left his computer logged in! And won't be making yet another show!

[QUOTE="Spas, post: 3597397, member: 6507"
Come prepared for both heavy rain and super hot weather. It's not uncommon to have both during the same day/hour.[/QUOTE]

there, fixed it for you
hopeful, yes. arriving, doubtfully. glad i didnt make it last year. evil puked a front pump seal out in the trans on a data log run up here on the same weekend i would have been down there

I'll be there as usual with the hunk o junk. Ems truck may make an appearance if I get the time to clean it up!

I might bite even if unprovoked... but yall might like it....

im asuming if theyre asigning classes when we get there that my "ford" from lat year wont be allowed in

We are once again making the pledge to attempt the pilgrimage to Carlisle this year.. Maybe attempted year three will finally be the year we make it..

I have the explorer cleaned up (what I had time to clean), in the garage and ready to roll out Saturday morning. If it's going to rain, I doubt I'll go but do plan on being there Saturday morning. Always look forward to this event and hope the weather permits to have another great weekend. Hope to see members I met last year and new members as well! Safe travels everyone.

How'd it go?

Back