2017 Explorer Sync 3 Display Goes Black, then reboots. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Sync 3 Display Goes Black, then reboots.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are there multiple versions of v2.2 for SYNC3?
Not officially released for the explorer. Only v17011 which is a dealer upgrade for vehicles with v2.0, or a WIFI upgrade for those on v1.0 or 1.1. All explorers have 2.0.

I think what he is getting at is whether or not there is a difference in software to get to V2.2 from 1.X versus 2.0. As far as I know there is not. There are two installation packs which is related to non-nav versus nav equipped vehicles. I have performed the dealer side upgrade on several V2.0 apims and the installation pack has the same files as the 1.X upgrade pack. I can't confirm if there is any behind the scenes work that goes on outside of the actual install pack itself but my guess would be there is not. Again that is my personal guess.

Thanks Jason, thats what I was referring to.

Essentially if you don't report one of those three issues you stated above to your dealer they wont upgrade you to v2.2 if your already on v2.0 unless you pay for it.

I upgraded my 16 Focus SYNC3 with v1.0 using the files you provided the link to and installed a new USB hub to allow for CarPlay. It works flawlessly, none of those issues are present.

My 2018 Ford Explorer battery went dead and would not recharged. Towed it to dealer and the battery recharged. Pick up the next day and then the navigation screen went blank and rebooted. Next day, it rebooted three times within 5 miles. Taking it back to the dealer on Monday.

My first concern would be why did the battery die in the first place? Did the tow truck driver try to boost it before the Explorer was towed to the dealer?

Peter

My first concern would be why did the battery die in the first place? Did the tow truck driver try to boost it before the Explorer was towed to the dealer?

Peter
I tried to charge it overnight and was unsuccessful. The tow truck tried to boost it and no luck. The dealer was able to charge it and it has stayed okay. However, my screens rebooted about 4 times thereafter. Saturday, the display froze and the lane assist symbols were missing even though lane assist is on. I put the car in the garage and the rear camera stays on when I start the car even though the car is no longer in reverse. It is back at the dealer know for further testing. By the way, I learned from goggle how to disengage the park setting on the transmission if the battery is ever completely dead.

........ By the way, I learned from goggle how to disengage the park setting on the transmission if the battery is ever completely dead.
I guess you never got that far in reading your Owner's Manual.;) Page 186;
Use the brake shift interlock lever to move
the gearshift lever from the park position
in the event of an electrical malfunction or
if your vehicle has a dead battery.

By "lane assist" I'm guessing you mean the Active Guideline that show when in reverse. Do you have the rearview camera set to "Delay"?

Peter

I guess you never got that far in reading your Owner's Manual.;) Page 186;
Use the brake shift interlock lever to move
the gearshift lever from the park position
in the event of an electrical malfunction or
if your vehicle has a dead battery.

By "lane assist" I'm guessing you mean the Active Guideline that show when in reverse. Do you have the rearview camera set to "Delay"?

Peter
You are correct. It was user error for the lane assist. The rear camera delay was on but somehow it froze and never went off even after the car was turned off. The Dealer has ordered a new module for the display. As previously mentioned, the screen display kept rebooting and my maps would occasionally give a false location.

Back