2017 Ford Explorer Massive Oil Leak | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Ford Explorer Massive Oil Leak

rok8man

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer LTD
I have a 2017 Ford Explorer Limited. It has 4600 miles on it. On Friday I went to the grocery before going home from work. I came back to the car and the Service Engine Soon light came on. I was five minutes from the store. So I drove it home. As soon as I pulled it into the garage there was a massive dump of engine oil all over the garage floor. It looked pretty bad. I called the Ford Dealership and the SA asked what the problem was. I told him and he said to bring the car in. I didnt want to take a chance of having any further damage to the engine. I read up on the manual and one of the reasons the light comes on is if you are running out of oil. So I called for a tow the next morning. The guy showed me there was a leak from the engine and it went all the way to be back. Oil was also on the tail pipes. I had smelt burnt oil a few days earlier but didnt find a leak so I didnt do a thorough check. I guess the oil has been leaking for a while now. Its all over in the wheel well, it even sprayed up on the back liftgate and window....

I had a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited it didnt give me any issues. So now am a bit disappointed with this one. The dealership wont be able to get to it before Thursday and then fix whatever issue they find. I hope the dealership can also clean up the oil mess thats underneath the car.

Has anyone had an issue like this on their Explorer?

Thank you Peter. Sounds like the user is having same issue as me :(

Back