2017 Order Guide & Prices* (*post 53 added) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Order Guide & Prices* (*post 53 added)

Ford changed to LED style in 16 (Which i think the light output looks fantastic, even better than the pre-16 OEM HIDs), so why would they need to do another headlight design?

How are the high beams in 2016s? After reading about them they seem light standard halogen just like I have on my 2011. Just curious as we are thinking about a 2017.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How are the high beams in 2016s? After reading about them they seem light standard halogen just like I have on my 2011. Just curious as we are thinking about a 2017.

Correct. LED low beams, halogen high beams.

Ford changed to LED style in 16 (Which i think the light output looks fantastic, even better than the pre-16 OEM HIDs), so why would they need to do another headlight design?

They could have done better with high beams. Why not LED high beams instead of halogen?

I guess there's always the aftermarket...

Just picked up the 2017 Order Guide from my dealer and it does not coincide with the U.S. one linked in this thread.

Mechanical: nothing new
Exterior Changes: justs lists the new and deleted mentioned colours. Nothing else.
Interior/Comfort: just mentions SYNC3 replacing SYNC with MFT.
Functional: nothing new
Packages: Appearance package (65P)
XLT Feature Bundle number 1 (65B), no features, Equipment Groups or Series are currently on Late Availability

Note: I checked the Sport and there is no listing for the 500 watt audio system that the Platinum has. Also no mention of Running Boards.

Still looking the document over at this time. Waiting to see how this compares to the Build & Price on Ford.ca which likely will not be up for a month or more.

Peter

They could have done better with high beams. Why not LED high beams instead of halogen?

I guess there's always the aftermarket...

Because bean counters.

Has anyone actually placed a 2017 order?

Any idea on when the first 2017's will be delivered?

Has anyone actually placed a 2017 order?

Any idea on when the first 2017's will be delivered?

Yup, I have and hope to have it by July 1st at the latest.

Livio :burnout:

Yup, I have and hope to have it by July 1st at the latest.

Livio :burnout:
That's being very optimistic seeing as production doesn't begin until June 6th. I'd think mid to end of August would be more realistic.;)

Peter

Did the dealer advise an ETA? Normal lead times used to run 4-6 weeks.

Hi, not they have not at all.

I would think though normal delivery would be 6-8 weeks, for us anyway.

Livio

That's being very optimistic seeing as production doesn't begin until June 6th. I'd think mid to end of August would be more realistic.;)

Peter

Hi Peter, yes of course but I can only hope.

Livio

Did the dealer advise an ETA? Normal lead times used to run 4-6 weeks.

I have a '17 ordered and my dealer is estimating at least 8 weeks after production starts (June 6). I'm setting my expectations around late August/early September in hopes that I'll be pleasantly surprised to receive it early.

Back