2017 Owners - Can you please check the bolts that secure your hood>>> | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Owners - Can you please check the bolts that secure your hood>>>

SilverStallion

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I was detailing my new 2017 under the hood and noticed that my all 4 of my bolts/nuts have the paint off them from the factory and I wondering if all of the new trucks are shipped this way after installation or if mine have been removed for some reason. There is still paint showing on the threads which is weird and now I will need to paint them- OCD I am!

Your help would be appreciated. The little things that irritate me as now I am concerned as to why my hood might have been off.

Thank you in advance.

Darren

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was detailing my new 2017 under the hood and noticed that my all 4 of my bolts/nuts have the paint off them from the factory and I wondering if all of the new trucks are shipped this way after installation or if mine have been removed for some reason. There is still paint showing on the threads which is weird and now I will need to paint them- OCD I am!

Your help would be appreciated. The little things that irritate me as now I am concerned as to why my hood might have been off.

Thank you in advance.

Darren

What bolts are you talking about........ There's a lot of bolts under there.......

Thanks for the response. To clarify, the bolts that attach the hood to the hinge.

Thanks.

D.

Black bolts on mine.
Not that it should matter, but my MY2016 was a factory order.

As was mine. My bolts are magnetic however you can see where the paint is scratched from a wrench of sorts and I am trying to determine what might have happened.

Thanks very much.

Darren

Maybe during QC they found the hood needed adjustment (not perfectly aligned) or it got scratched and they replaced it.

Knowing several people at multiple factories, this stuff happens all the time.

Back