• Register Today It's free!

2017 Taking Bumps Hard

deerfarm

Reaction score
City, State
Hickory, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Limited
I took delivery of my 2017 Limited FWD a week ago. It replaced my 2011 Limited AWD. There was a 5 week span between selling the 2011 and getting the 2017, but it seems to me that the 2017 takes bumps harder than the old one and I can feel the road more. Has anyone else noticed this or know a reason that it might be?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One thing to keep in mind is that you are comparing a new suspension to that of a well worn one. I had a 2011 Limited and just came from a 2014 MKT and I like the feel of the suspension of my 2017. I had the MKT set on 'Comfort' and find that the Explorer (AWD) seems to take the same bumps a little better. I believe the suspension in both FWD and AWD is the same but am open to correction. I'm a happy camper.;)

Peter

Tire pressures OK?

They may have had them overinflated to prevent flat spotting.

Tires? Wheel size difference?

I took delivery of my 2017 Limited FWD a week ago. It replaced my 2011 Limited AWD. There was a 5 week span between selling the 2011 and getting the 2017, but it seems to me that the 2017 takes bumps harder than the old one and I can feel the road more. Has anyone else noticed this or know a reason that it might be?

Thanks[/QUOTE
1- you have a brand new vehicle it's going to be stiffer.
2- Their might be a better suspension system on the newer models

Thanks for the input. I think I am getting used to it.

Back