2017 vs. 2016 Opinions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 vs. 2016 Opinions

OK...so back on topic...

I'm holding out for a 2017 at this point. I still have my 2010 Expedition Limited, and it's still getting the job done, but I'm really ready for a new Platinum. My problem is down to color....Ruby Red or White.

Any suggestions or comments for my color issue?

Andy.
White Platinum tri-coat but give the new White Gold a look on the 2016 Escape. It might be my next colour choice.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3524105&postcount=5

I like light colours because they stay clean looking longer and don't seem to show swirl or other marks as easily either. I must admit though the Ruby Red is nice.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ruby Red is a very nice color, you don't see it every day, and it makes the Explorer look a little more upscale than it is. But as tempting as that sounds, I'd still go white because of the ease of care and long-term wear factors. Two of our last three cars have been black, and I'm tired of the paint maintenance on dark colors.

I know about the Dark colors and keeping them looking clean...my 2010 Black Expedition is a pain to keep clean, but they look awesome when they are fully detailed!

My only hesitation with White, is that both my daughter's 2013 Ford Edge and my wife's 2015 Suburban are white....my driveway might start looking like a commercial fleet of some sort!

My car sits outside 100% as well, so I was leaning towards lighter color is better....even thought about silver as an option, but it looks too much like lack of paint sometimes.

Any other thoughts?
Andy.

What I like about White Plat outside of looking cleaner when dirty than dark colors are two things.

It's not a true white. It's metallic and looks cool. Silver metallic tint to it. Not like a fleet white.

I think it shows the lines of the vehicle better. If you like the lines, they show and shadow better with a light color.

I'm a red guy. I love Fords Ruby Red.
But..my wife likes the platinum white, and she gets to pick this one.

For Florida, or anywhere in a hot climate, white just looks perfect, not to mention I agree with tmg19103.
The dark lower portion of the vehicle and the dark glass really sets off the white.

For Florida, or anywhere in a hot climate, white just looks perfect
I was in Phoenix last summer with a white Chrysler as a rental car. On a 100 degree day, with it sitting outside all day, I was able to put my hand right down on the roof with it feeling no worse than very warm.

I'm not really a white car fan, but I was very impressed and could immediately understand the usefulness.

OK...so back on topic...

I'm holding out for a 2017 at this point. I still have my 2010 Expedition Limited, and it's still getting the job done, but I'm really ready for a new Platinum. My problem is down to color....Ruby Red or White.

Any suggestions or comments for my color issue?

Andy.

I've had both...

IMG_1171_zpsb3k1so3a.jpg

IMG_0280_zps1d8da380.jpg

Although they both look nice, my choice is Ruby Red.

I'm in a 2016 and really wish I had Sync 3 but agree it's a personal decision based on your need/desire for the tech and, of course, cost difference. I'd pay, but if you ask my wife, I'm a fool for that (and many other things that involve anything new or shiny).

I've had both...

IMG_1171_zpsb3k1so3a.jpg

IMG_0280_zps1d8da380.jpg

Although they both look nice, my choice is Ruby Red.
Both are nice looking vehicles. The darker colours look nice, when clean, because the tend to show more reflections that white. I still prefer white though for the longer 'clean look' but would love to see an actual vehicle in the new White Gold.

Peter

Back