1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2018 Ford Explorer LED bulbs

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by jc_slick, March 17, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. jc_slick

jc_slick Active Member

City, State:
    New York City, NY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2018 Ford Explorer XLT
    Hello everyone, I purchased Sylvania LED bulbs for the reverse lights and turn signals for both the front and back. They work just fine at regular speed externally but I am getting the hyper flash on the inside which is really annoying. I then went out and got the Sylvania resistors but they are hard to install for two reasons: 1) there is very little room in the front between the 3 wires that connect to the turn signal bulb and 2) I don't know which wire they go through.

Has anyone ever done this to avoid hyper flash on the newer explorers?

3FA84E1C-74EE-4597-9364-40AA155EC4DE.jpeg

0E290B2B-C222-482F-AD15-CCE8C1FAA393.jpeg

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. VCFP153

VCFP153 Active Member

City, State:
    Ormond Beach FL
    2017 PIU
    I used these units for the back, they come with a built-in resistor, so no hyperflash.

LASFIT 7440 No Hyper Flash LED Turn Signal Light for Nissan Pathfinder 2013-2016 792855196907 | eBay

4. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    2020 Explorer ST
    No resistors needed, turn off the bulb out hyperflash mode with Forscan.

Last edited: March 18, 2019
  5. jc_slick

jc_slick Active Member

City, State:
    New York City, NY
    2018 Ford Explorer XLT
    How do i do that? I paid for the app and downloaded but its not connecting to the explorer. I see there is something called ELM that i need to get? I have an iphone and a macbook air. Would it work if i get the wifi version for iphone and use it on my mac? Sorry just new to this. Just need the step by step process.

Last edited: March 18, 2019
  6. RhinoQuartz

RhinoQuartz Elite Explorer

17 Explorer Base
    Read through Forscans website, all the information you're looking for is there. A quick google search would bring it up. Here is a comparison of their products on their site - Comparsion of FORScan applications

There are a multitude of instructional videos and articles available, just depends on what format you want it in.

However, I would like to say, that if you are this unsure of how Forscan works in general, I would advise you to hold off on using it until you have done some more research. Forscan is a very powerful tool that can allow you to do some fun modifications to your vehicle. The flipside to that is that you if you don't know what you're doing and make an accidental change to a key component you can end bricking, or even worse, modifying the safety of your vehicle so as to render it a danger to yourself and others.

Last edited: March 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jc_slick

jc_slick Active Member

City, State:
    New York City, NY
    2018 Ford Explorer XLT
    I was able to get in and disable hyper flash and also enable climate control from the steeringwheel. My 2013 had that option. Why did ford do away with it from 2014 til now? One of my favorite options

53D43727-C8C5-4FE0-9C43-86CE97E8207A.jpeg

Last edited: March 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1