2018 Remote start and Climate Control | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 Remote start and Climate Control

We have this same issue with our 2016 XLT. We have below freezing temps right now and the windshield will not defrost in the mornings. Ford gave us the same response stating they are aware and there is no fix yet. They did reflash the computer trying to fix the problem with no change. This is both with the remote start climate set to Auto or Last Used Settings. Has anyone gotten anywhere with Ford? sorry to dig up an old thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Travis.:wave:

Peter

When I had the toe line recall done the dealer did change the settings to where I now have the drivers seat turned on along with the rear defrost and the front heat with the remote start. But no front defrost for some reason.

You would think that with all that they could get the defrost to come on with the remote start

When I had the toe line recall done the dealer did change the settings to where I now have the drivers seat turned on along with the rear defrost and the front heat with the remote start. But no front defrost for some reason.

You would think that with all that they could get the defrost to come on with the remote start
According to your Manual, front defrost is not one of the items that turns on with the Remote Control Climate Settings.

Peter

When I got my Explorer none of the automatic controls worked with the remote start. But then I park it in a detached unheated garage and didn't use the remote start very much unless I parked it outside of the garage during the day.

But still I don't see where it would be a problem for the defrost to be turned on with remote start while the controls are set to automatic.

Could this be changed in FORESCAN?

ok Ford finally got our remote start/hvac issue worked out. we had to call ford corp to start a claim there and presented the local ford dealership with a claim number. they of course tried a reflash of the computer with no change. They eventually replaced the HVAC control module i believe its called. the Defrost now operates as it should when the remote start is used. My seats are also warm.

I hope this helps someone.

Back