2019 Explorer Horn Sound | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2019 Explorer Horn Sound

I use mine so infrequently that I'll sometimes just test it on a back country road just to confirm it's working.:D

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use mine so infrequently that I'll sometimes just test it on a back country road just to confirm it's working.:D

Peter
Unfortunately Peter, while I am like you and basically never use my horn- some people seem to live and breathe to use their horn. I might have possibly gone the entire 36 months of the warranty period without ever finding out I only had 1 horn instead of 2.

Unfortunately Peter, while I am like you and basically never use my horn- some people seem to live and breathe to use their horn. I might have possibly gone the entire 36 months of the warranty period without ever finding out I only had 1 horn instead of 2.
You are obviously not from New York.

The horn in my new 2019 Sport sounds like the Focus rental I had one time when my 2014 was in the shop. Has anyone replaced theirs? I would love to put the 2014 horn into the 2019. That one at least sounded like it "fit" the vehicle. The one in the 2019 Sport is terrible...

Thoughts?
Shumax

Use the search button...already been discussed.

Like mentioned above, look for the thread about the horn problem. You probably have one disconnected.

He probably has one MIA. They are now only installing 1 horn on the Explorer's...

Looked and you are right. One horn. Sounds terrible. What are my plug and play options?

That does not answer my question about what my options are that are plug and play...

You can purchase, from Ford, a new set of horns that will bolt into the original hole and plug into the original wiring harness. That is what I did.

That was in the thread I directed you to.

Do you have a sound clip?

I'm not sure those Hella SuperTones will fit in the xplorer mount.

Here is the Hella te16

Ahhhh, I didn't read your post far enough.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The horn in my new 2019 Sport sounds like the Focus rental I had one time when my 2014 was in the shop. Has anyone replaced theirs? I would love to put the 2014 horn into the 2019. That one at least sounded like it "fit" the vehicle. The one in the 2019 Sport is terrible...

Thoughts?
Shumax
Your thread was merged with this existing one mention above. Please use the 'Search' feature before starting a new thread. Thanks.

Peter

Back