2020 Explorer accessories/parts? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer accessories/parts?

I was going to complain about this thread and request that it be shutdown before my wallet gets emptied, but then I noticed that the majority of these items are not available on the Amazon Canada site and the shipping price is absurd. Keep posted other accessory options and hopefully I will see something decent on the Canadian site. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was going to complain about this thread and request that it be shutdown before my wallet gets emptied, but then I noticed that the majority of these items are not available on the Amazon Canada site and the shipping price is absurd. Keep posted other accessory options and hopefully I will see something decent on the Canadian site. :p
If I could give you a Thumbs Up, Thanks and a Useful all at the same time... I would!!! This thread stinks!!!! :)

I agree with you that I like the look and the lock function is secondary. I purchased a set of these that are 6 per wheel to have a set of spare lug nuts (96644BDX) at Summit racing. They are $128 a set. Unfortunately, these days there are lots of people trying to take nice things that we work our butts off to buy to have nice things.

Ok guys, finally got these in and installed. They are SS and PVD. The are splined so use a splined lug for installation and removal but look really nice with the wheels. They are very robust and have the same lug load area on the base as the OEM. I would recommend these.

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Ok guys, finally got these in and installed. They are SS and PVD. The are splined so use a splined lug for installation and removal but look really nice with the wheels. They are very robust and have the same lug load area on the base as the OEM. I would recommend these.

View attachment 173660
View attachment 173663 View attachment 173659

View attachment 173661

Where did you purchase these, do you know who sells them? Black color makes it look better. These look like unbreakable. Thiefs will most likely have to cut off the control arm to steal these wheels.

Where did you purchase these, do you know who sells them? Black color makes it look better. These look like unbreakable. Thiefs will most likely have to cut off the control arm to steal these wheels.

I purchased a set of these that are 6 per wheel to have a set of spare lug nuts (96644BDX) at Summit racing. They are $128 a set.

I purchased a set of these that are 6 per wheel to have a set of spare lug nuts (96644BDX) at Summit racing. They are $128 a set.

Maybe there are cheaper options out there. Spending 500 bucks for these is pretty expensive.

Maybe there are cheaper options out there. Spending 500 bucks for these is pretty expensive.

They were $128 for a set of 24 lug nuts with the lug wrench. I am referring to "set" as all four wheels of nuts. Sorry for the confusion

They were $128 for a set of 24 lug nuts with the lug wrench. I am referring to "set" as all four wheels of nuts. Sorry for the confusion

Can you post a link to the website that sells them? I hope they will be worth it?

Mine is still in the shop (yes, still). Can you pull a cap off and take a photo? Depends on the style of valve stem used. If they are normal, just threaded then yes, it should cover all of the threads. If the stem has the brass shank then threads, then it wont. I just test fit the caps on my wife's car then on the 2020 Ranger (with the shaft) rental I have.

View attachment 173024

View attachment 173025

View attachment 173026

View attachment 173027

Edit, looking back at my photos of the black 21" ST Street Pack wheels, they are normal stems with no shank. The "ST" caps should cover the threads just fine.

I ordered Gorilla black lug nuts yesterday. I am planning to order these ST valve stem caps today. I hope they will fit.

I ordered Gorilla black lug nuts yesterday. I am planning to order these ST valve stem caps today. I hope they will fit.

They fit, with a small modification, just need a 5/16 drill bit to remove a few of the outer most threads so they cover the unthreaded part of the brass stem.

They fit, with a small modification, just need a 5/16 drill bit to remove a few of the outer most threads so they cover the unthreaded part of the brass stem.
I can vouch that this works. Held cap in one hand, drill in the other. Drilled in >1/8” but <1/4”, fit perfectly. No problem with threading.

Thanks, I was reading this post from a few pages ago and then realized this.

New cargo cover finally showed up.
1 (4).png

Nice. Looks like I might be able to use the cargo liner that I have in my 2017.

Peter

Nice. Looks like I might be able to use the cargo liner that I have in my 2017.

Peter
It's a little thinner than I hoped it would be for the price. I think back to the mat my Wife has in her 2013 Escape and mats I have had in older Edge's when they were that thicker heavier rubber... would have been nice to have it be more like that. But I guess with it being thin, If I go somewhere and need the back row seats, the thing will fold over or roll up easily enough to not have it be a problem.

Looking for part number for 2020 PIU steel wheels . Anyone have a link yet for 2020 Ford explorer parts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking for part number for 2020 PIU steel wheels . Anyone have a link yet for 2020 Ford explorer parts?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Even the Ford parts site doesn't have any info on the Interceptor wheels. Perhaps they might still be the same as the 5th gen PIU's.:dunno: I use them for Winter wheels.
Search Catalog Results for parts.ford.com

Peter

Back