Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2020 Explorer brake controller?

Discussion in 'Stock 2020 Ford Explorer & Aviator' started by MichaelGl, September 16, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. breddy

breddy New Member

City, State:
    Orlando, FL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Explorer ST
    I have a Tekonsha P3 that I had installed in our 2016 Sport and had hoped the dealer would move it over for us ("yeah, no problem!" at sale...). This didn't happen today because apparently nobody at the dealer was competent enough to tell us even if there was a built-in controller (one guy insisted it was, lol).

So clearly I have to do this myself and if it goes as planned I'll let y'all know.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    I talked to Redarc and it would appear than the 007 harness is the one you need as the 005 seems to fit larger vehicles. HOWEVER, they were not inclined to guarantee that it will fit since they only have data through the 2015 model year.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Zeeb

Zeeb Elite Explorer

City, State:
    St George, UT
    2018 Explorer Platinum
    My salesman also told me that my new Aviator would have a factory trailer brake. When I asked these guys on the forum, several made fun of me and pointed me at the order form.....

5. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    2020 Explorer ST
    Nobody made fun of you. I simply researched the order guide when you posed the question and posted a picture of it so you could see that it isnt included in writing. If taking time to research someone's question and post the answer is making fun of them, then I apologize for that.

The salesman that told you this was simply wrong and they should be looking at the order guide as that is the only thing to go off of when building or researching a vehicle. I would agree that many consumers have no clue about the order guide but the dealerships/salesmen do. They should know about the product they sell and it is really sad they they do not take more ownership of learning.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. breddy

breddy New Member

City, State:
    Orlando, FL
    2020 Explorer ST
    Sadly this is more and more the state of affairs. Truly knowledgeable dealer reps are just rare in my experience.