1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

2020 Explorer fog light upgrades

Discussion in 'Modified 2020 Explorer and Aviator - Tuning & Mods' started by AustinMada, February 15, 2020 at 1:13 AM.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. AustinMada

AustinMada Elite Explorer

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Explorer XLT
    Hello,

I'm new to the form so if there is already a thread with this question then sorry. I'm buying my wife a 2020 XLT and it bothers me that it's not coming with fog lights. Does the 2020 have many aftermarket companies that make these lights and if so are they easy to install?

Thanks in advance :chug::usa:

Last edited: February 15, 2020 at 4:32 AM
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve II
    Callsign:
    VE3
    Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
    The XLT with the 201A package has LED for lights. If you are getting the 200A package then there are no fog lights. I'm not aware of anyone currently looking to add fog lights to a 2020 XLT. At least no other member has asked/posted about it.
    https://parts.ford.com/shop/SearchD...aK1IFby4Nka3Yx5cTvhWgHIx81yRfaL78LeyHwbQeVw==
    I don't know if the wiring is there or if a wiring harness would be required as well. There may also not be a switch/button for them in the cabin.

Peter

4. AustinMada

AustinMada Elite Explorer

2020 Explorer XLT
    I appreciate the response brother. I guess only time will tell, until then I'll just have to stare at those black plastics where I want the fog lights to be :confused::)

5. northvibe

northvibe New Member

2020 Ford Explorer XLT
    I've also wondered this question and found, no one with a 2020 explorer that has posted yet. I found how to add ford factory remote start, but not the foglights. However forscan has a lot of work left to update their compatibility/features to the 2020 explorer still.

• Like Like x 1
  6. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    2020 Explorer ST
    Ebay has a pair of Fog lights for sale right now. Listed as used.. wondering why someone took them off their Ex.

7. northvibe

northvibe New Member

2020 Ford Explorer XLT
    I know on my 2005 xls escape the harness was left for the fog lights, but for the newer models they started to make harnesses for each specific model, so if it did not come with fogs, the harness/plugs were not there.

On the Ram forum, people are making their own harnesses for such things. I bought a harness to oem wire in my cargo camera/led light. Kind of nice to be able to add features on and keep the stock software/usability.