2020 Explorer Hybrid Ordered | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Hybrid Ordered

Order guide says it is. In fact, all Limiteds can only get the 6 seater. Bench only in XLT and Platinum.
Sorry, I confused you and myself. You bought a hybrid with 6 seats, right? I really wish I could get 7 seats in the hybrid!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make that a bench is an 'option' only in the XLT and Platinum.

Yes--the hybrid I ordered (which is a Limited--only option) is a six seater. For my family, that works Ok.

Just an update--my dealer reached out to me today and said that the build date is now the week of July 17th. Previously, it was scheduled for the week of June 15th, so I'm guessing that means that production is indeed experiencing issues. I've been lurking in various places waiting to hear if anyone has an update on how production is going, but I haven't heard anything. So this isn't entirely a surprise.

I will remind myself that when I originally discussed it with the dealer, my mental expectation was an August delivery. So now I'm just reverting back to that expectation.

Always hard to accept delays despite all of us knowing this would happen.

You may be a little more unique because you are a hybrid order and Ford is only doing 5% of all Explorer production as hybrids each year.

5% ... that's all? that seems like a lot of development costs ... but then i remembered the PUI will probably be a large market, thus making more financial sense.

5% ... that's all? that seems like a lot of development costs ... but then i remembered the PUI will probably be a large market, thus making more financial sense.

Would probably be higher if they offered it in other trims.

15% Platinum
20% ST
21% Limited (5% Hybrid, 16% non hybrid)
39% XLT
5% Base

Well, the story ended differently than I thought. I originally had a build date of 6/15. That got pushed back to 7/15. Then that got pushed back to 8/15. Shortly after that I read an article saying that CAP is updating a new area of the factory for hybrid construction, and they expect to staff in Q4. Still no EPA data for mileage on the hybrid published. So, "I have a bad feeling about this." I found out that my local dealership had an ST that arrived Thursday night in the color I wanted--Atlas Blue. So I went over and purchased that one instead. Happy to have the new car! Wish that it had worked out to get the hybrid, but, there's plenty to like about this one.

Picture
IMG_20190728_172026.jpg

Congrats on the new ST. Now all that's left is to update your profile.:)

Peter

Back