2020 Explorer | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer

I believe it was mentioned that the 2020 would be about $400 more than the current Explorer.

Peter

That is the base model only.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The platinum is still the top dog, the ST just gets 35 more hp. I expect the ST will fall around 54-55K nicely equipped. My 18 sport stickered for 53,210 and it is nicely equipped.

I just wish ford would offer a black out delete on the ST and use the chrome grille, side trim and wheels from the platinum. I'm not 12 years old anymore, I don't like the blackout look. Frankly I'm tired of just about all manufacturers blacking out the sportier or performance models, and I especially hate black wheels.

Unfortunately your really in the minority, the marketing people do lots of research and the Sport/ST blackout trim is one of the most requested features especially for those who they are targeting with the Sport/ST Explorer.

They figure the older chrome lovers will go to the Platinum.

That's why there are so many "Midnight Editions" put out by GM and FCA.

I got my info from some Ford marketing people who were involved with the Police Advisory Board

The problem with the platinum is 1- they have every option under the sun as standard equipment, and a lot of those options I don't want or need. 2- the fake 70's esque wood trim on the dash 3- the platinum gets less hp. When I bought my 18, I almost got a platinum, the only wood trim was the steering wheel, which I could change out for a sport wheel, but I just could't justify spending another 3-5K for options I don't want or need. There was a leftover 18 plat sitting on a lot near here that stickered for 60K that had the rear seat dvd entertainment system. The salesman tried to get me to buy it but I told him my kids are grown and gone, I don't need the dvd system. When spring comes around I still might switch out all the black trim on my 18 sport for limited trim and use the platinum grill, and use the painted door handles from an XLT

I just went to the ford site and chatted with a customer service rep and suggested they offer a black out delete on the ST. I told them it would not cost any more to offer it as the parts were already there from the limited and platinum models. She thanked me for my suggestion and said it would be documented and sent to the proper personnel.

The platinum is still the top dog, the ST just gets 35 more hp. I expect the ST will fall around 54-55K nicely equipped. My 18 sport stickered for 53,210 and it is nicely equipped.

I just wish ford would offer a black out delete on the ST and use the chrome grille, side trim and wheels from the platinum. I'm not 12 years old anymore, I don't like the blackout look. Frankly I'm tired of just about all manufacturers blacking out the sportier or performance models, and I especially hate black wheels.

35 more hp? There is many more things that ST model gets. More Torque, ST brakes, suspension parts, sportier look... there are many new safety features also included. I am starting to like the ST model.

35 more hp? There is many more things that ST model gets. More Torque, ST brakes, suspension parts, sportier look... there are many new safety features also included. I am starting to like the ST model.
Oddly enough, while the Sport was slightly lower than the rest of the trims, according to an article I read, the ground clearance for the ST will be the highest at 8.3". The Platinum is 8.2" and the others are 7.9".
Auto Showdown: 2020 Ford Explorer vs. 2020 Kia Telluride

Peter

According to the Ford production schedule, initial orders for the 2020 Explorer are being accepted as of today even though prices haven't been revealed. Who will be the first?

Peter

I really want the ST, but my wife wants a Ranger. I refuse to drive a truck with just a 4 cylinder.
We were really hoping for an Ranger Raptor with at least 2.7 EB. I guess will just wait and see.

The problem with the platinum is 1- they have every option under the sun as standard equipment, and a lot of those options I don't want or need. 2- the fake 70's esque wood trim on the dash 3- the platinum gets less hp.
The wood is not "fake". It is real. As for HP, it's a 35 HP difference. Unless you're racing or going WOT all the time, it isn't that much of a difference.

Peter

I just went to the ford site and chatted with a customer service rep and suggested they offer a black out delete on the ST. I told them it would not cost any more to offer it as the parts were already there from the limited and platinum models. She thanked me for my suggestion and said it would be documented and sent to the proper personnel we dont care dept.

FTFY

According to the Ford production schedule, initial orders for the 2020 Explorer are being accepted as of today even though prices haven't been revealed. Who will be the first?

Peter

Yes, today is January 16 so I visited my local Ford dealership to order a 2020 Platinum with the Premium Technology Package. My sales guy was very pleased to see me but was unable to enter my order -- the order bank for the 2020 Explorer hasn't opened yet!

My contacts at CAP say they are still pushing out 2019 orders, then CAP will close and retool for the 2020 Explorer and Aviator. Estimates are closing for March 2nd and hopefully, running prototype builds the first week of April. After my experience with a Job1 2011 Explorer going back under Lemon Law, I will be waiting for Job2 before I order a new 2020 ST.

Does anyone know if the 2020 Explorer has a spare tire? I saw where the hybrid version had an option for a mini spare tire.

Does anyone know if the 2020 Explorer has a spare tire? I saw where the hybrid version had an option for a mini spare tire.

Interesting question because I had heard those performance Pirelli tires were going to be run flats with no spare......I guess we will find out when the order guide is published.

According to the 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide, a Mini Spare is standard equipment for all trim levels.

For more info, see the complete 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide attached.

Attachments

• 2020 Explorer Order Guide.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 235

After studying the 2020 Explorer Order Guide, I have concluded that the ugly 10.1" tablet we've seen stuck to the dashboard is optional on the ST and Platinum trim levels. The ugly tablet is part of the Premium Technology Package (Option Code 65P) and if you don't order that option, you get an 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in the center stack -- same as in the Base, XLT, and Limited trim levels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to the 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide, a Mini Spare is standard equipment for all trim levels.

For more info, see the complete 2020 Ford Explorer Order Guide attached.

Thank for the quick reply.

Back