2020 ford explorer issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 ford explorer issues

Have the issues sending them to DET been resolved? Are all units now going from Chicago directly to the dealer?

I know as much as you know in regards to those questions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Going by the posts on recent orders/deliveries, it would seem that the vehicles are no longer being shipped off-site, but direct to the dealers.

Peter

On a positive note, the heating system on the 20 Explorer Platinum was repaired immediately after the part arrived at the dealer and there have been no further problems. The wife loves it and took it on a 200 mile round trip last weekend. She even bragged about winning an impromptu stoplight drag today. Now if I could just get to drive it for a day.

Just got this today.

30D13444-3A48-4C16-8DE0-650B87F9E952.jpeg

just got home. Restarted the vehicle and the system
Fault was cleared.

I generally have this engaged (conserving my calf muscles).

so today, I remote started the vehicle and when I got in, turned it on, flipped to full power a/c. Sat in vehicle a good 10-15 minutes (probably with my foot on the brake) - the fault occurred when I was getting ready to leave the parking area.

I know as much as you know in regards to those questions.

Blwnsmoke, did you have any updates on that whistling noise that you hear when your passenger front window is open?

Blwnsmoke, did you have any updates on that whistling noise that you hear when your passenger front window is open?

Nope, havent brought it in yet.

Have the same issue so curious what they find

I just noticed that whistle too. Like something is sticking out around the mirror that shouldn't be and whistling.

I just noticed that whistle too. Like something is sticking out around the mirror that shouldn't be and whistling.
My ST build is 10/12 and just got delivery info of arriving at dealer 10/26 so looks like factory direct to dealer. Hopefully most issues have been resolved!!

Could be the mirror or attachment. There were a few similar complaints on the 5th gen driver's side.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Moya.:wave:
Your not the first to report the Deep Sleep issue. Deep Sleep Mode - Battery Drain Issue?

Peter
Apart from the new Explorer, we also have a 2018 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel, which is very under rated by the way...that's another story. Anyways, the F150 does not get driven very often, and every two weeks on the dot, I get the message that it has gone to sleep over the Ford App. It appears that this is a new fangled action incorporated to preserve the batter charge. However, I have the BCM wire disconnected to prevent the stop start from kicking in, and I still get the message every two weeks regardless. I think its nothing to be concerned about really. The truck has never failed to crank the engine at full speed, even after sitting for over a month, and it went to sleep after the initial 2 week mark. Hope this helps, regards /m

My 2020 XLT is due to arrive at the dealer on 10/26. Like some others here, I admit to being spooked by the quality control issues that the automotive press has been reporting lately. And I do understand that such problems usually get more attention than warranted by how often they actually occur. “Nothing wrong” doesn’t leave us or the press much to write about. But I‘d still like to inspect and test my new vehicle with particular attention to the specific defects the Detroit Free Press and others were referring to. A checklist to settle my mind on whether the problems causing so many vehicles to need post-production repairs are present in my own new Explorer. The articles I’ve seen are kind of vague in that regard. Does anyone here know of such a thing?

On my way to work this morning and had multiple safety feature failures, all at the same time. Hill descent, Hil start, Advance Trac, Collision assist and ABS all failed. A little snow failing and wet roads. If this car can't handle this weather, we've got a problem. Going into the shop tomorrow for this and recalls.

There are a few threads on that in the 5th gen. forum.

Peter

Hi everybody,
I've been visiting the Forum for about a month now but this is my first post. I almost pulled the trigger on a new ST last month to upgrade my wife's 2012 Acadia. We saw the car at the local dealer, test drove it, fell in love with everything except the big portrait screen and I almost bought it that same day except the purchase felt like an impulse buy and for the money, I decided to do some research before I made a final decision. Since then I've read many posts and Internet articles about build quality and Explorers being sent to Flat Rock to be repaired prior to delivery. The last 5 digits of the VIN# of the ST that I walked away from was 12918. I now understand that Ford is shipping vehicles direct to the dealers and hopefully, they are on top of the build quality issue. Is there any way to know the current production Vin # range for vehicles now being produced?

^^ Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
The verticle tablet type screen is an option included in the Premium Technology Package. I believe the standard is an 8" horizontal one. Also, FYI, the vehicles do not come off the line with sequential VINs.

Peter

Thanks Peter.
Didn't realize the VIN isn't sequential.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are a few threads on that in the 5th gen. forum.

Peter
Will jump over there to check it out.This is the first time I wished I still had my 2015. Not a single problem with that one. Love my 2020, so I hope this isn't a lingering problem.

Back