22" Wheels For Explorer | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

22" Wheels For Explorer

Great. Thanks Buddy...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im usually not a fan of aftermarket wheels but those look good on yours. I was kinda disappointed when I saw the 2017 OEM Sport wheels had grey painted pockets instead of the original black painted pockets. Your monochromatic theme looks very nice.

No cooling issues with the LED blocking air into the lower grill?

any change there is a how to post for the led light bar. I have been thinking about that with mine.

any change there is a how to post for the led light bar. I have been thinking about that with mine.
It's a pretty simple straightforward and stall take me about 20 minutes all I did was remove the grill and install the light bar. It came with a wiring harness so pretty much you power the relay and then power to the switch

Im usually not a fan of aftermarket wheels but those look good on yours. I was kinda disappointed when I saw the 2017 OEM Sport wheels had grey painted pockets instead of the original black painted pockets. Your monochromatic theme looks very nice.

No cooling issues with the LED blocking air into the lower grill?
I haven't noticed any performance differences. There still a decent gap above the lead bar for air to come in also there's space on the sides.

All of these pics come back with an error for me and wont display page.

Your second post I get the one tight side shot.......man your black paint . looks good
I get the truck waxed every Four months or so

You gotta do your door handles black now

20160918_153019.jpg
IMG_9608.jpg
3995329841_99a860605c_b.jpg

Hey guys have a couple questions about aftermarket rims, anyhow I purchased my 2017 Explorer Sport in September of last year. I was looking for 22 rims that I like and so far I couldn't find any, I ended up buying some iforged rims I found I really like they're 22x11 rears with a nice lip and 20x9 infront. My truck is black and so are the wheels. I was thinking of running 295/35 in rears and 265/35 upfront. Would like to know your guys opinion on tire size, I want it to sit flush in the rear. I'll try to post some pics of the rims asap..thanks in advance...

Also just tinted my windows 5% all around too..

Sounds about right to me. I run a 285 35 22 on a 22x10.5. Tire sits flush with rim. Too flush lol no room for mistakes. Hate when the wife's parks next to a curb lol
20160918_153019.jpg
IMG_9608.jpg
3995329841_99a860605c_b.jpg

Hey guys have a couple questions about aftermarket rims, anyhow I purchased my 2017 Explorer Sport in September of last year. I was looking for 22 rims that I like and so far I couldn't find any, I ended up buying some iforged rims I found I really like they're 22x11 rears with a nice lip and 20x9 infront. My truck is black and so are the wheels. I was thinking of running 295/35 in rears and 265/35 upfront. Would like to know your guys opinion on tire size, I want it to sit flush in the rear. I'll try to post some pics of the rims asap..thanks in advance...

ut right to me

Sounds about right to me. I run a 285 35 22 on a 22x10.5. Tire sits flush with rim. Too flush lol no room for mistakes. Hate when the wife's parks next to a curb lol

ut right to me

You think I'll have any rubbing issues in the rear?

not to be a party pooper but depending on offsets and if you're planning on lowering it, the rear is the biggest I've heard of so far. While I hate to admit it I came across another set of iforged wheels that were leaking air, turns out some of their rims(almost all), like to break in half around the circumference and just a few weeks ago iforged has disappeared off the interwebs:shifty:. Depending where you are I would and try to rotate out for the "winter" season to keep wear and tear to a minimum on them.

For tire sizes in an AWD vehicle I'm not sure how much wear and tear these vehicles can take having the drivetrain vary in speed from front to rear. I would keep the tire height the same referring to the tire manufacturers specs. If someone hasn't run this combo before you might want to have the rims mounted and the suspension loaded to see how much clearance you have, some high end tire shops will test fit tires for free.

I don't think that it would be a good idea to run different diameter wheels front and back due to the AWD and other electronic systems.
I believe it will also mess up the ABS and possibly other modules that are calculated for the OEM size. Those modules can be reprogrammed for other sizes which apparently are factory loaded into the modules but I doubt the sizes you are referring to are in there. The maximum diameter variance from OEM is 3%. The 35's fall within that range at -2.5% front and 0.3% rear.

Peter

I don't think that it would be a good idea to run different diameter wheels front and back due to the AWD and other electronic systems.
I believe it will also mess up the ABS and possibly other modules that are calculated for the OEM size. Those modules can be reprogrammed for other sizes which apparently are factory loaded into the modules but I doubt the sizes you are referring to are in there. The maximum diameter variance from OEM is 3%. The 35's fall within that range at -2.5% front and 0.3% rear.

Peter

I thought about that too, I was thinking of asking Ford and see what they think. I'm hoping that it should not be an issue...

not to be a party pooper but depending on offsets and if you're planning on lowering it, the rear is the biggest I've heard of so far. While I hate to admit it I came across another set of iforged wheels that were leaking air, turns out some of their rims(almost all), like to break in half around the circumference and just a few weeks ago iforged has disappeared off the interwebs:shifty:. Depending where you are I would and try to rotate out for the "winter" season to keep wear and tear to a minimum on them.

For tire sizes in an AWD vehicle I'm not sure how much wear and tear these vehicles can take having the drivetrain vary in speed from front to rear. I would keep the tire height the same referring to the tire manufacturers specs. If someone hasn't run this combo before you might want to have the rims mounted and the suspension loaded to see how much clearance you have, some high end tire shops will test fit tires for free.

Wow that sucks, I should've done my research before buying them. I guess I let the looks of them take over they buy lol and I'm thinking of keeping the same height.

You cannot run different offsets the computer will freak its very sensitive case in point i had about 25 k on my tires when i picked up a razor blade somewhere so i had to replace a tire i replaced jus the one it was a rear and every time i went in reverse the truck would thump. My friend is a mechanic for ford i ran it by him he said he never heard of it. I ended up buyin new tires at 36 k and replaced them all with better tires no more thump i asked my buddy he said just a small rolling diameter difference tripped up the computer. He said def not to do different offsets

You cannot run different offsets the computer will freak its very sensitive case in point i had about 25 k on my tires when i picked up a razor blade somewhere so i had to replace a tire i replaced jus the one it was a rear and every time i went in reverse the truck would thump. My friend is a mechanic for ford i ran it by him he said he never heard of it. I ended up buyin new tires at 36 k and replaced them all with better tires no more thump i asked my buddy he said just a small rolling diameter difference tripped up the computer. He said def not to do different offsets
What are you driving? Your profile needs updating.

Peter

That sounds crazy, but there's a guy on here running 22x10.5 in rear and I belive 22x9 upfront and he hasn't said anything about computer issues but I could be wrong. I think ass long as all the tires are the same it should be ok. He's running 285/25 all the way around...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you can have whatever offset you want as long as it fits , its the circumference( or revolutions per mile, diameter etc) that should be almost equal. Most tire manufacturer will have that spec, if not can you wrap a tape measure around them. I would still test fit them at the final ride height (if you plan on lowering it) and might get away away with just changing 2 tires.

Back