• Register Today It's free!

3 BILLS for a Detroit Locker?

nicholtl

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I was wondering if any of you guys knew what a general price for a Detroit Locker and installation of one costs. I was quoted $689 for the locker, and $300 for the installation which would take a full day. Does this info sound correct?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$300 for install is about right. I'm sure you can get it installed for $250-$275, just build a relationship with a drivetrain shop. $689.00 is a bit high. Do a search on here, I heard of a shop that is selling them for $400-$500. Good luck.

Check out this link:Dead Link Removed . Depending upon which model you go for they run $280 to $546

If you're not swapping gears, the install is a snap. I installed my 8.8" in about 1hr. You don't have to screw with the pinion, just pull out the carrier, swap the ring gear and jam it back in, measure backlash and adjust.

Simple. Look at Randy's website for a PDF locker install instructions.

Cheers
Dale

Sorry I've never used the search function before...where can I find it on this site?

Originally posted by nicholtl
Sorry I've never used the search function before...where can I find it on this site?

Search Here

The actual button is near the top of the page in a black bar with 9 grey buttons. It is labeled search and is on the right side.

I also agree that sounds high. You should be able to find one for about $500 and I dont know about the labor.

Back