• Register Today It's free!

3" Bodylift 5 Speed Console HELP!

burndout

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS
Looking for a console that will work with the 5 speed and 3" BL. I have an auto console right now but had to cut out the cubby hole and cup holders to catch second gear. Would LOVE to have my cup holders back. Thoughts on consoles or maybe bending the shifter arm up some?

Just need some ideas.... Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With a manual you need the 3" extension for the shifter assembly too.. Thats not part of the kit.

The Hurst Billet Plus Shifter is AWESOME. It IS worth the $250 price tag!

Ryan

Shifter extention? Never heard of this when I did my lift, I just used the stock shifter and made a boot for it. It seems that it would be cheaper to remove the shifter and just add your own personal length to the lower end of the pipe.

Any ways, I'm still wondering about consoles. I don't want to build a wood console but may end up doing that, I would rather see what everyone else has done with there lifts as there are alot out there. Pic's would be GREAT!

Found a console I liked down at WalMart of all places, it fits well and holds large size cups. The only thing I do not like is how thin the material is in the large lock-able cubby. Its so thin you could rip the plastic where the locking arm locks - I wouldn't buy it soley on this feature but all around it works.

I will be adding some brackets to the bottom to raise it up about 4-6 inches as i want it up higher.

console.jpg

Back