• Register Today It's free!

3" Drop Question

Slush Box

Reaction score
City, State
Panama City, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mazda Protegé LX
Now i know that the back can be dropped with 3" Blocks but is there any way to bring the front down to 3 inches

Hmmm, that's a little tough. If you completely remove the torsion bolts you'll get about 2 and some change. If you flip the torsion assembly you get about 5 inches (correct me if I'm wrong). Somebody might be able to shed some more light on this.

for three inches you just flip it and then put the bolts back in and tighten them until you are sitting at three inches. its easy to do, but the ride quality suffers exponentially once you go beyond 2 inches or so. i've had a two inch drop for a while, but this summer i "tested" the five inch through three inch one saturday and at least on the frost heave laden minnesota roads i couldn't put up with more than the two inch drop.

check out the "going for the gusto" thread for a how to on the torsion bar flip and the torsion bar adjustment in general.

Easy.

No problem. The blocks may not fit in the rear. The u-bolts are a little small. But with a couple friends and a big pipe wrench, I got it. The front comes really close to 3" by taking out the torsion bars but the only way to get it to 3 is to flip the adjuster and put the bolts back and tighten it to 3. I just did this yesterday with 2 of my buddies. Fun.

Back