Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

3 electrical issues- locks, brakes, airbag

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by dino11, November 26, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. dino11

dino11 New Member

City, State:
    Princeton, ky
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    02 exploder
    I have 3 electrical problems. Any info or tips or whatev on any of these issues will b appreciated.

Issue 1- passenger door lock and switch.
    My passenger door locks but wont unlock eletrically. I have to push it manually. Also the switch on that door dont work. I have to replace a busted mirror on that side so i will investigate while i have the door panel off.

Issue 2- my tail lite fuse blows everytime it rains.
    Number 16. I noticed a crack in my lense and am soon to try to seal it. Whats a good clear sealer? Is there sumthin like wd-40 i can put on bulbs to help keep water away?

Issue 3- no cruise control,airbag or horn
    My x had the steering column replaced. Guy said just needed wires hooked up behind airbag. I didnt see any loose wires. No horn, cruise, driver airbag. Where else should i check? Airbag lite blinks also.

Thanks!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. dino11

dino11 New Member

City, State:
    Princeton, ky
    02 exploder
    Ttt

4. jrford

jrford Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Birmingham, MI
    '10 Sport Trac
    Issue 1 - sounds like there is a broken wire in the rubber boot between the door and pillar.
    Issue 2 - sorry no ideas
    Issue 3 - i bet he is talking about the clock spring. Usually there is a connector back behind the airbag for the wheel buttons which plugs into the clock spring, then there is a body side harness that plugs into the other side of the clock spring.

We Support Our Troops!