30X10.5X15 on 98XLT AWD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

30X10.5X15 on 98XLT AWD

I have a 98XLT AWD I am planning on replacing the rear leaf springs with ones that will give me 2" of lift and doing a TT to level it up. I want to run 31X10.5X15 Dunlop Radial Rover RT tires, and use either a Hypertech or Superchips module to adjust for the increased tire size and loss of power. I am not planning on doing any hard core off-roading, I just want to give the truck a better stance. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am concerned that the tires aren't going to fit, or rub. I have spent many hours on this site, but have not found much about the 98XLT AWD.

Thanks

With a TT and shackles, a 31 will not rub at all. You'll have plenty of room.

I have a 98 XLT AWD as well and my next set of tires will be 31's with the war-153 shackles and a bit of a torsion twist for the front.

smiley1 said:
I have a 98 XLT AWD as well and my next set of tires will be 31's with the war-153 shackles and a bit of a torsion twist for the front.
on my old 1995 Explorer I have 33 BF.Goodrich All Terrain Tires and did the torsion bar and just bought some shackles at autozone and i was abole to fit 33's on and yes they rubbed maybe 2 times in all the times i drove it..
thanks all

Back