31" Thornbird TSL Tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31" Thornbird TSL Tires

HH1

Reaction score
Will 31" tires fit on my 92" x? They are 31x11.5x15, i just bought the 15x8 nitro rims. Should i buy a 3" lift from natltire and if so do i need extended brake lines and such??! Please help!
Thanks
Robin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

with a 3" body lift youll get everything you need to extend .... since its only a body lift you wont need brake lines and such... cause you are only nothing the body from the frame ... i would not recomend the thornbirds.. i think they are a horrible tire.....

I agree with 94EB, Thornbirds SUCK. They are a decent off-road tire, good mud tire, but terrible on the street. If you want a tire that looks tough, but can live on the street as well as off-road, look at the Pro-Comp X-terrain.

I don't even agree that they are good in the mud. If you're gonna get a super swamper get a TSL radial or bias ply. Thornbirds definitely suck.

yes i ment thornbirds suck all around... terrible on the street and even worse off road.... the lugs arent spaced far enough apart and they dont clean worth a ****... and the tread pattern looks like somebody sneezed it on.

Thanks for the heads up guys! Im not going to buy them now and i think i will look at those xterrains =)

4wheelparts.com has got some great deals on procomps, might want to check that out and they have 10% off. Just to let you know
Gary

Originally posted by Jason_25
I don't even agree that they are good in the mud. If you're gonna get a super swamper get a TSL radial or bias ply. Thornbirds definitely suck.
i would just like to re-emphasize this. while swampers are generally reguarded as the best offroad tire, the thornbirds are just junk. they are about as suited to mud as a BFG all terrain. they work well at NOTHING. the only reason to have them is if you really like the look. other than that, they are worthless crap. i have pics somewere of just how good they really are in mud. only good thing about them, is they will not dig in good enough to get you stuck TOO badly...:rolleyes:

i got a set of 33.12.5 thornbirds and there not bad there a hell of alot better than my dueler m/t s i had,,,there just loud

thats cause the dueler mts might as well be a AT also...

Xterrains aren't that spectacular on the road either because they are a non-directional tire. Get yourself some BFG ATs or MTs and you'll be invincible.

Originally posted by LudusHatesReese
Xterrains aren't that spectacular on the road either because they are a non-directional tire. Get yourself some BFG ATs or MTs and you'll be invincible.
I hope that's a joke?

The AT"s are downright worthless in the mud, and the MT's aren't far behind.

I had a set of BFGs on my Jeep, and they were invincible, pulled my explorer out of some thick stuff no problem.

the bfg is the most overrated M/T tire out there... everybody wants them cause they are a trend.... the pattern isnt even all that great.... if you want a good lookin MT tire for a good price look at the uniroyal laredo MT's they have a nicer pattern than the BFG's and clean out better in the mud....

Back