Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

33” tires

Discussion in 'Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by XLTyler83, October 20, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. XLTyler83

XLTyler83 Member

City, State:
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004 XLT 4x4 Loaded
    Got some gonna get em installed soon was jw what kinda mpg others may be getting w similar setup? Not gonna stop me just be nice to know ahead of time lol

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jw1000

jw1000 New Member

City, State:
    California
    2005 Ford Explorer XLT V6
    It depends on your motor and if your explorer came with 3.73 gears or not. Also, other factors can effect it over time. Generally speaking, you should get a bit better highway mileage, but worse city mileage. Once bigger tires get moving, they cover more ground, but it takes more gas to get them going. Also, if you don't have at least 3.73s it might be a struggle to get up to speed

4. XLTyler83

XLTyler83 Member

City, State:
    Myrtle Beach SC
    2004 XLT 4x4 Loaded
    Thanks, stock ass 4.0 , 3.55 gears and it’s already not that quick so you’d be correct. Already have 2, the other two are on the way getting pretty much whole front suspension redone w moog when I get them mounted will be before Christmas. Mainly want them for the extra ride height as I’m 6’1 and still stoop down to get in. Prob talking what 12-13 mph in the city?

5. jw1000

jw1000 New Member

City, State:
    California
    2005 Ford Explorer XLT V6
    It is hard to know until you try it. Even left stock, any car will get different mileage over time. You shouldn't get worse than 12 as long as you aren't super hard on the gas and just deal with it being slower. I get 14 combined mpg on 32 inch all terrains with a 4.0, 3.73s, and 140k miles.