• Register Today It's free!

33” tires

XLTyler83

Reaction score
City, State
Myrtle Beach SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT 4x4 Loaded
Got some gonna get em installed soon was jw what kinda mpg others may be getting w similar setup? Not gonna stop me just be nice to know ahead of time lol

It depends on your motor and if your explorer came with 3.73 gears or not. Also, other factors can effect it over time. Generally speaking, you should get a bit better highway mileage, but worse city mileage. Once bigger tires get moving, they cover more ground, but it takes more gas to get them going. Also, if you don't have at least 3.73s it might be a struggle to get up to speed

It depends on your motor and if your explorer came with 3.73 gears or not. Also, other factors can effect it over time. Generally speaking, you should get a bit better highway mileage, but worse city mileage. Once bigger tires get moving, they cover more ground, but it takes more gas to get them going. Also, if you don't have at least 3.73s it might be a struggle to get up to speed
Thanks, stock ass 4.0 , 3.55 gears and it’s already not that quick so you’d be correct. Already have 2, the other two are on the way getting pretty much whole front suspension redone w moog when I get them mounted will be before Christmas. Mainly want them for the extra ride height as I’m 6’1 and still stoop down to get in. Prob talking what 12-13 mph in the city?

Thanks, stock ass 4.0 , 3.55 gears and it’s already not that quick so you’d be correct. Already have 2, the other two are on the way getting pretty much whole front suspension redone w moog when I get them mounted will be before Christmas. Mainly want them for the extra ride height as I’m 6’1 and still stoop down to get in. Prob talking what 12-13 mph in the city?
It is hard to know until you try it. Even left stock, any car will get different mileage over time. You shouldn't get worse than 12 as long as you aren't super hard on the gas and just deal with it being slower. I get 14 combined mpg on 32 inch all terrains with a 4.0, 3.73s, and 140k miles.

Back