Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

33's on stock rim?

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by drshakenbreak, August 8, 2006.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. drshakenbreak

drshakenbreak New Member

City, State:
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '92 Sport
    I have a 92 sport 4wd, and want to make it a mudder, but im on a low budget and want to be able to mud within a yr. Im gonna be gettin a 3" BL so i can fit bigger tires. but since im only gonna be able to spend around 1000 by then i want to get 33's for my stock 5x7 rims for every day for better milage. Eventually i want to get the 5.5" superlift and 15x10 rims with 35-40 inch tires. I know ill prolly have to trim but im not worried about that. I was wondering if i should go with 33x10.5x15, 33x9.5x15, or 33x11.5x15??? which of these will fit the rim? im hoping for a kind of wide tire cuz i like the way they look. I know ill prolly end up blowin somthing while muddin, but im not worried about that either cuz i plan to completely rebuild everything and make it all pretty much new.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Texplorer

Texplorer Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Morgantown, WV
    96 XLT 4x4 4.0
    I ran a 33/12.50 on my stock rim for months with no problems whatsoever.

4. chrisis

chrisis Active Member

City, State:
    Murray, kentucky
    2000 ford explorer xls
  5. jwrezz

jwrezz Elite Snow Shoveler Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Parsippany, NJ
    1996 XLT
    If you have 1000 bux, I got the eagle rims and kumho tires for a hair over 100 bux each. So $850 for rims and tires That will leave enough money left over for the body lift! But to keep it cheep, I'm sure that 33x12.5 wouldn't be a problem on your stock rims, but if you can find cheap 33x10.5's then get em.