• Register Today It's free!

33s with 4 inch lift

Extendedcab

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer xlt 5.0
New to the whole explorer things here. I have a 2000 explorer 2wd 5.0 xlt and i’d like to know if i get a 4 inch lift spindle and 2 inch lift shackles for the rear would it clear some 15x10s with some 33s?? I work at a wheel and tire shop i do the trim work here but I’d honestly prefer not to cut if i have to not alot this truck is in great condition and i just dont want to have to cut into it ao much any ideas or opinions and tips will help alot thanks.

-Jonathan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 inches of lift in the rear and 33s on 10 inch wheels if probably going to need a fair amount of trimming.

I have 33x10.5x18 on my 00 Mountaineer, with 2.25” of lift in the front and 4 in the back.

I had to trim the plastic ever so slightly.

Now I occasionally get a rub on the plastic while turning hard left or right and uphill.

If you're already going with lift spindles. Then just do SOA in rear and twist the torsion keys an inch. IF you have to trim, it'll be very little
Since you're 2wd you could replace the torsion bolts with longer/sturdier bolts, twist the torsion almost all the way. Then do a shackle lift in rear and you'll be able to do 33s. But with a lot of cutting

Back