Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 2005 low rider

2005 low rider New Member

City, State:
      saint thomas , Pennsylvania
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 explorer xlt
      is anyone one here running 35" tires if so what lift do you have?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Mbrooks420

Mbrooks420 High Voltage. Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Erie, Pennsylvania
      1998 Mountaineer AWD
      Coil spacers and a 3 inch body lift would get you in the neighborhood, but you don’t have the gearing for it.

4. domct203

domct203 Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      CT
      2002 Explorer XLS
      I have a 2” spacer lift and 3” body lift and wouldn’t go bigger than 33’s. I currently have 265/75/16 (32”x10.5”) and had to fasten back some of the fender liner so it didn’t rub while flexing on trails.

If you change the upper control arms you can go 3” lift with spacers, and the 3” body lift, but I would think you would rub at full lock on the street with 35’s. Regular trails and off roading might require some trimming.

As mentioned with gearing, 35’s are going to make the truck a dog. I have 3.55 gears and can feel the difference going from 29” tires to 32” tires. On the trails it’s not too bad, challenging spots get 4L anyway.

5. Lurch Church

Lurch Church New Member

City, State:
      Land O Lakes, FL
      2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer
      If you have the rarer 4:10 gears you’ll be ok. I have 33x12.5 tires with 3:73 gears and usually turn my overdrive off unless I’m on a highway going 80. 4x4 low range will be a must for off road power.

You’ll have to do a bunch of trimming to the plastic inner fenders, but that’s no biggie either.

Like others have already said, the BTF upper control arms will be a must at max lift, as well as a 3 inch body lift, and spacers above the struts. Don’t go crazy with the suspension lift part of it, because the CV axles will rub on the frame and be at too much of an angle.

Good Luck!

When my 33’s wear out, I’ll be going to 35’s also with a gear change