3rd brake light cover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd brake light cover

I was replacing a bulb in my third brake light when i remembered all the covers that i have seen in the past for these lights.. just simple designs and such... so i thought... well it cant be that hard.. Soooo I took an alumminum pop can.. cut the top n bottom off slit it down the side, printed off a a stencil (*FORD*) and taped her on... now i just have to cut and paint it black.. any thoughts on this??? i thought it would be a cheap (free) mod that wouldnt take longer than 10 minutes.. plus drying time.. so i cant go wrong really... any tips, thoughts, suggestions would be awsumn!!! thanks!!!

-joey

Ahhh yes, some good ole redneck ingenuity. haha. Throw a hunk of duct tape on there too will ya? Nah, just kidding. Ya man, im sure it would work, but precise cuts on an aluminum can might prove tricky. Plus trying to avoid bend marks in it. Im sure it could be done though, and hell, its the third brake light. Who the hell is gonna inspect it?

There are a bunch of 5-8yr life vinyl stickers/decals on ebay.com you can buy..less of a hassle and they run like 5$ or less but ofcourse its ebay and shipping would be like 50$ :D

Back