1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

3rd brake light cover

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by skoobydoobiedew, January 2, 2005.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. skoobydoobiedew

skoobydoobiedew Active Member

City, State:
      St. Paul, MN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '91 EB
      I was replacing a bulb in my third brake light when i remembered all the covers that i have seen in the past for these lights.. just simple designs and such... so i thought... well it cant be that hard.. Soooo I took an alumminum pop can.. cut the top n bottom off slit it down the side, printed off a a stencil (*FORD*) and taped her on... now i just have to cut and paint it black.. any thoughts on this??? i thought it would be a cheap (free) mod that wouldnt take longer than 10 minutes.. plus drying time.. so i cant go wrong really... any tips, thoughts, suggestions would be awsumn!!! thanks!!!

-joey

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Cdaddy78

Cdaddy78 Active Member

City, State:
      Canton, OH
      '02 XLT
      Ahhh yes, some good ole redneck ingenuity. haha. Throw a hunk of duct tape on there too will ya? Nah, just kidding. Ya man, im sure it would work, but precise cuts on an aluminum can might prove tricky. Plus trying to avoid bend marks in it. Im sure it could be done though, and hell, its the third brake light. Who the hell is gonna inspect it?

4. ions

ions Active Member

City, State:
      Pasadena, MD / Annapolis , MD
      '01 Explorer Sport Trac
      There are a bunch of 5-8yr life vinyl stickers/decals on ebay.com you can buy..less of a hassle and they run like 5$ or less but ofcourse its ebay and shipping would be like 50$ :D