3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

NO! The images are no longer showing. I could really use this thread if, by chance, the orginator could repost the images. PLEASE!?!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

NO! The images are no longer showing. I could really use this thread if, by chance, the orginator could repost the images. PLEASE!?!

There is a how to "sticky" at the top of the 2002-2005 Stock section for replacing the actuator complete with pics! :biggthump
Posted via Mobile Device

Dozer, thanks to Swetrid I found and fixed my problem. It was the valve under the hood. Its on the passenger side right above the valve cover. 1 hose in, 1 hose out. It had a small dia.(gray) vacumn hose connected to it. Even though the arm would move, I noticed that the screw that attached it to the valve did not. Like Swetrid said, it will rust to s*^^. Rpled for 20 some bucks and now it is blasting heat. By the way the valve is on a mounting plate which is then bolted to the valve cover, just bend it down to get to scews.

ya. All i did was pull the knobs off, pull that center piece out. ( kinda have to pry it out/ work your way around pulling). and then take out the i think) two 8mm bolts holding the climate control panel in, un hooked /un plugged everything, popped out the speed dail switch deal, put in the new switch/dail and re assembled everything. tools needed- screwdriver to pry out the plastic center piece and a 8mm socket/ratchet and a little bit of your time.

I just had the blower work on "4". Everyone talks about resistors ( i come from a GM background). Went to the dealer and asked the guy how many of these switch dails speed control deals he sold VS the resistor and he sold about the same. So i gave the switch/dail a try and been working for at least a year now.

but still do some research. I know there is a post about resistors. I am just telling you what worked for me!
good luck

Finally got around to replacing the fan speed selector switch. All 4 speeds working now. Thanks for your help. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have the same issue but the pictures are no longer linked?
Can someone tell me how to manually close the door for heat? I just need heat for now.

Thanks I just read your walktrhough of the replacement ...very nice work....I guess I get to do this tomorrow after work! Its already been below zero here so defrost is a must.

Thanks I just read your walktrhough of the replacement ...very nice work....I guess I get to do this tomorrow after work! Its already been below zero here so defrost is a must.

Good luck with the fix and be sure to keep us posted. :D

Hey BigRondo thanks for the help... I got mine fixed though there are a few differences between the 02 and the 04 but without your pictures and walk through who knows how long it would have taken.
Thanks again!

Hey BigRondo thanks for the help... I got mine fixed though there are a few differences between the 02 and the 04 but without your pictures and walk through who knows how long it would have taken.
Thanks again!

You are welcome. I'm glad I could help out. :D

Hey BigRondo I see you are Military and may appreciate this. It probably isnt right to post it here but what the hell.....I wasnt sure how else to get it to you.
removed-quote

Thank you. I have saved it. Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. :party:

????

Blend door mannually

Hi,
how can i move by hand the blend door for a 2005 explorer?
Just to wait for the actuator part arrival.

Not really sure how to move the blend door by hand. Sorry. :(

When the actuator arrives you can use this thread for changing it.

yES, I got your post ready printed to use upon arrives the part. thanks.
You did a great job step by step. Now I know why you do this job like that. (you're military). Thanks again.
:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yES, I got your post ready printed to use upon arrives the part. thanks.
You did a great job step by step. Now I know why you do this job like that. (you're military). Thanks again.
:salute:

You are welcome! Good luck! :thumbsup:

Back