Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 111 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vegas was good. Mid 100s during the day and low 90s at night. Looks like a lot of trails and mountains to keep an exploder busy for a while.

On a different note, the flowmaster I got is the 2.25 inlet offset/ 2.25 outlet center. It looks like the stock muffler is 2.25 inlet center/ 2.25 outlet offset and the muffler shop I went to told me I have the wrong muffler? Part # 42441

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the muffler u have should work, really any mechanic could throw it on the truck with an angled exhaust fitter, so idk what that guy was thinking... i have the flowmaster 50 center inlet and center outlet, and had to get an angled fitter for the outlet part of my exhaust...
I can try to get a picture up of mine here in a little while so u can somewhat see what im saying... you would just have to get the fitter piece for the inlet part of ur muffler..

Vegas was good. Mid 100s during the day and low 90s at night. Looks like a lot of trails and mountains to keep an exploder busy for a while.

If you head out to vegas to off road swing up here to Ogden. We got some sweet trails up here.

Well the muffler u have should work, really any mechanic could throw it on the truck with an angled exhaust fitter, so idk what that guy was thinking... i have the flowmaster 50 center inlet and center outlet, and had to get an angled fitter for the outlet part of my exhaust...
I can try to get a picture up of mine here in a little while so u can somewhat see what im saying... you would just have to get the fitter piece for the inlet part of ur muffler..

i was trying to find something like that to install my muffler if you have a link for it please do share , thanks

Having trouble uploading pics. Help?

On a different note, the flowmaster I got is the 2.25 inlet offset/ 2.25 outlet center. It looks like the stock muffler is 2.25 inlet center/ 2.25 outlet offset and the muffler shop I went to told me I have the wrong muffler? Part # 42441

Thats the muffler i have on my truck....

I bottomed out all day long....
IMAG0366.jpg

or lift it higher :D

Fedy - the 1.5 inch bodylift makes the frame the lowest point instead of the running boards

Ren - I'm thinkin a sas front and rear in the next year...

**double post from phone**

Fedy - the 1.5 inch bodylift makes the frame the lowest point instead of the running boards

Ren - I'm thinkin a sas front and rear in the next year...

So you were high centering on some of those berms?

Bigger tires will give you more clearance too.

The tire ruts on the two tracks were deep so when the ruts went deeper it felt like I was dragging the frame. And yeah I need bigger tires for sure

SAS would be sooo nice. I would love to do it too. Should make things better.

What is a SAS.....

Solid axle swap....or sometimes special air service

But in this case it's most definitely solid axle swap. 02+ Explorers have IFS/IRS (Independent Front/Rear Suspension), and a solid axle swap involves swapping independent suspension for a solid (or live) axle. Some vehicles have dual solid axles (F250, Wrangler for example), some have IFS and a solid rear (Tacoma, F150, lots of stuff) and some stuff has IFS/IRS.

Basically solid axles are more heavy duty, offer better aftermarket support and have better articular than Independent suspension. Manufacturers like independent suspension because it's lighter, so the vehicles can get better mileage.

Google some of the stuff I've written for more information.

Are you kidding me?! Independent Suspension is the way to go! Especially for off-roading. J/K :p:

FLOffroad;
I actually heard the opposite that solid axles are lighter because the set-up is simpler.

gota get up to date on my lingo. my bad guys

The tire ruts on the two tracks were deep so when the ruts went deeper it felt like I was dragging the frame. And yeah I need bigger tires for sure

did you actually see that you were dragging your frame or was there a noise? If it was noise I wonder if it was the axle shafts rubbing on the frame loops in the rear?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I heard a very firm sounding "thud" when I drove into the ruts and it felt like my frame or front crossmember rested on the ground and then my suspension flexed just enough downward to get traction

Back