Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 226 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

You mean the plastic trim pieces? Ive thought about it just dont know if Id like it enough. I usually put some trim gel on it after I detail it but Ive been too lazy the last few times.

Yeah, the plastic trim. I did mine, all of it. From the trim on the bottom of the front bumper, along the doors, wheel wells, and the rear bumper. I took a few cans on Krylon Fusion and went to town. Got rid of that uneven grey color from fading in the sun, and made it a nice solid black. I even did my door handles that were the same lame grey.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question about your brush guard

I took the Cragars off, I had some rubbing on the caliper from them, so I looked on craigslist and made a trade and got these KMC's.
IMG_0981_zps8927bd8d.jpg

IMG_0979_zps32a5b4d1.jpg

What brand brush guard is that you have mounted on your Ex? I have been looking for one like this for a while

well i thought i could upload some pictures of my 4x4 here, its nothing special just my first car, it has 265-75-16 bfg km2;s bedliner paint exterior trim and a pioneer interface :)
902_zps8cbd3efc.jpg

well i thought i could upload some pictures of my 4x4 here, its nothing special just my first car, it has 265-75-16 bfg km2;s bedliner paint exterior trim and a pioneer interface :)
902_zps8cbd3efc.jpg

I like it! Nice, simple and clean:thumbsup:

How loud are the BFG's?

How loud are the BFG's?

I agree. :thumbsup:

Looks like you have the Mountaineer signal indicators on the front fenders. Care to elaborate on that?

Edit: Never mind. I see that you are Down Under. I'm guessing that is factory over there.

How loud are the BFG's?

ahaha there pretty loud at 60km/h (40mph) but i havent ever taken it to 100km/h because i use mums jeep wrangler all the time, i have had nissan patrols with 285-75-16's that have them and at 110km/h i cant hear anything or anyone :(

Looks like you have the Mountaineer signal indicators on the front fenders. Care to elaborate on that?

Edit: Never mind. I see that you are Down Under. I'm guessing that is factory over there.

I had to go back and look to see what you were asking about. Saw the same thing and yeah, he's from down under. I think they also have the shifter located in the center consol as opposed to the steering coloumn?

aha yeah i think so?, its factory here everything except the stereo, transmission and tires is factory, also apparently all transmission in australia are 5r55w, found this out when the shop rebuilt mine, they cut and sleeved it. even has the centre console shifter :)

shifter is in the centre :)
903_zps5fd793cd.jpg

The BFG's are pretty loud. I have 32 inch km2's. Just drove 2000 miles on them on the last two days. The are noisy but not as bad as i thought they would have been. Great tires though!

How loud are the BFG's?

902_zps8cbd3efc.jpg

I say ditch those running boards, Ford really failed us with those. :D

from our first run together i know this is a picture forum but i couldnt find a video one theres only one 3rd gen and thats mine two 2nd gens and 2 first gens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS26y2A2Wic&feature=plcp

from our first run together i know this is a picture forum but i couldnt find a video one theres only one 3rd gen and thats mine two 2nd gens and 2 first gens

Great video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS26y2A2Wic&feature=plcp

I want to go!!! Why can't my Ex be lifted?!:mad:

Not much has changed here (if you're following the camaro build you'll know why)

Vera wanted to swim across and keep going down the seasonal road....but the 5ft deep wash out scared her away

IMAG1293.jpg

Looking good Steve. Smart move. :p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back