3rd gen pic's | Page 253 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Maybe he likes it...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no offense but that hood scoop and flame grille look god awful...pep boys accents are for Hondas ONLY

C'mon man that ain't cool. Keep that kinda crap to yourself. :thumbdwn:

C'mon man that ain't cool. Keep that kinda crap to yourself. :thumbdwn:

thanks bud, appreciate it ^

i got the insert for like $15 they're usually $150 i've had it on for a few weeks, i'm not too into it & i'm gonna take it off, just wanted some feedback on it so i guess i got honest stuff from him haha

i wasn't flaming him, i was simply stating my opinion. you post stuff on the internet and you're gonna get opinions! in my opinion, it looks cheap and not very custom, despite the price tag and probable placement of "custom" in the title of either of those products' packages.

Been a while since I have been on here, had a couple upgrades since then:
-plastidipped trim
-bull bar install w/ hella lights
-plastidipped wheels
-roof rack

photo1_zps7af6ddeb.jpg

photo_3_zps9d874439.jpg

photo_1_zps8d103542.jpg

I've been lurking here for a while and I'm on page 100 of this thread so I thought I'd post up my 2002 EB. I've been looking at all the blue ones for inspiration.. This is the best view because you can't see all the peeling clear coat :-\. I will be repainting it soon.
20140213_020230.jpg

Nice^

how do you like the generals? hows the road noise?

i got the at2...only wish the label was red like the m/ts

the red letters are okay. the letters fade and need special care (more deets on their website), the noise is not as bad as other MT's, overall I think they look cool but other tires like the toyo MT are better overall.

I'm also running General AT2s. I like them a lot better than the Toyo Open Country MT's I was running on my Jeep Wrangler. The MT's would obviously perform better offroad but IMO the AT2's can't be beat for the price and my application (90% highway driving).

Finally getting around to painting that glass :thumbsup:

How are the ADS coilovers working out?

Finally getting around to painting that glass :thumbsup:

How are the ADS coilovers working out?

James,

The ADS are phenomenal. I can really tell the difference between these and my old rancho quick lifts and I am very tempted to have ADS handle the rear. I just plasti dipped the fenders for now to preserve the gelcoat/primer. I would like to have them painted but have been having too much fun just driving this thing! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I'm also running General AT2s. I like them a lot better than the Toyo Open Country MT's I was running on my Jeep Wrangler. The MT's would obviously perform better offroad but IMO the AT2's can't be beat for the price and my application (90% highway driving).

Yeah, the at2's are very similar to the bfg at's which are a phenomenal tire. I just prefer a mud terrain over an all terrain.

I went back to basics with mine, only the spacer and 265/75/16's. Also have some RIGID LED lights on the front.
DSCN0901.jpg

DSCN0903.jpg

Thanks! Its a BTF spacer lift in the front and nothing in the back. Its a 2.25 inch spacer which i think gave me about 3.5inches of lift. The tires are 33x12.5x20.

So no body lift along with it? How bad does the 33s scrub without the body lift thx

Here's some pics with my roof rack and lights. The roof rack is home built.
DSCN0906.jpg

DSCN0912.jpg

DSCN0913.jpg

So no body lift along with it? How bad does the 33s scrub without the body lift thx

yeah i don't have a body lift. the tires don't rub at all but I have aftermarket front fenders and a custom front bumper which helps clear the tires

Heres my baby. I bought her like this and haven't had the money to do much else. Theres alot I still want to do but it'll have to wait, because I'm in Oregon and she's in Florida.
20130321_104916_zpsphulc21i.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No body lift, and the tires scubbed a good bit at first. I ziptied the plastics in the wheel-wells back and trimmed the inside of the fenders a little and its good to go driving forward but still scrubs when all the weight is on one side and at points when reversing. The problem is i have a wide offset and tires, just go with one or the other and youll be good.

Back