1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

3rd row seat up and sub box pics please.

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by nevrsumr22, December 6, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. nevrsumr22

nevrsumr22 Member

City, State:
      Bel Air, MD
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 XLT 4x4
      Can anyone show me a pic of their subwoofer boxes with the 3rd row up? I took my stereo out of my old car and am ready to put it in but need some ideas of how to do the box. Thinking about doing 2 boxes so they can move around easy. I don't care about looks at all I just want to be able to use the 3rd seat and move the speakers out of the way when I need to.

Any ideas will be appreciated also. I did a search and saw info on the JL stealth box but can't find any others. If you know of any more please post up.

Thanks!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. nevrsumr22

nevrsumr22 Member

City, State:
      Bel Air, MD
      2002 XLT 4x4
    4. scrapysnx420

scrapysnx420 New Member

City, State:
      Langhorne Pa
      '04 BirchSilver 4DR XLT
      Give me a day or so i will get pics up my buddy and I custom built one. If u can find my e-mail address shoot me one. Scrapysnx420@aol.com

5. rjahr01

rjahr01 Active Member

City, State:
      louisville
      2002 Explorer Eddie
      well i used to have pics of mine and maybe can look for them in some old pics but what we did on my old box was trace that removable floor part that sits on top of the jack with a piece of 3/4 in mdf board and then we built it up from there and vinyled it in...it sounded really good with two rockford 12's and because it had hand sewn stitched leather it also looked really good...i'll try to look for some pics but thats just what I did..

6. nevrsumr22

nevrsumr22 Member

City, State:
      Bel Air, MD
      2002 XLT 4x4

Please do. That sounds like just what I need. I have 2 Rockfords also. I'll probably just have someone build it I just want ideas from owners. I've built boxes before and they always look like shit. :D