• Register Today It's free!

4.0 to a 5.0 swap need help

Sethblacktan

Reaction score
City, State
Woodbridge va
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport
So I put a 5.0 in my truck but I'm having trouble here. It turns over in the on position. I tried taking the engine bay harness from the donor truck and putting it in but no luck same thing. How much am I suppose to take from the donor truck to make this work and yes I switched the ecm

Starter solenoid stuck? Tried swapping that? (Assuming I know what I'm talking about)

Starter solenoid stuck? Tried swapping that? (Assuming I know what I'm talking about)
Yea I swapped the one on the firewall. The problem is that when the key is in the on position I am getting juice to the exciter wire on the solenoid. I'm not suppose to get juice there until I turn the key from on to ignition. Or from accessories to ignition I should say.

I drove the donor truck 30 miles and even stopped for drinks and fuel and it started back up no problem so I know there was nothing wrong with the truck''s electrical. I'm wondering if I didn't take enough harness or if there is a body module that I didn't find that needed to be switched

Back