4.10 gears for 1997 SOHC+intake | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.10 gears for 1997 SOHC+intake

holy crap alec... what filter you got on there?? KKM?? chrome piping custom? where u get it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KN FIPK gen I, stock MAS, BBK intake into my BBK TB and BBK blower.

is it me, or is your FIPK filter a hell lot bigger than the KKM one???? NIce.... i liek ur setup... damn.. i want a supercharger one day.... too much for me rite now......what's ur 0-60??

slow due to the 33s. high 6s?

damn that's still fast.....
so is that filter bigger than the KKM, or is it me?

dunno. think they're about the same. the KN could be a bit larger, but the KKM has an open end.

hey alec, can i use the k&n filtercharger cleaning kit on the KKM intake??

of course

ok ok.. so i finally got my intake today.. and installed it.... dunno if its psychological but the truck feels like it has a bit more power. Well at least it the truck seems less sluggish on acceleration. Ok KKM gave me this rubber ring thingy, and was wondering what it was for... Any of you out there know what it is for? I have a feeling it mite be for future installtion of a custom intake arm tube. Second, I was given this black metal sort of bracket, what am i suppose to do with it?? All I did was mount the filter (which has the mounting bracket on it)and the 4 bolts. Dunno what those other pieces are for.. Someone let me know!!! thanks!

Back