4.5 suspension lifted 05 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.5 suspension lifted 05 explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Kent ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 explorer xlt 4x4
Need advice on front and rear drop downs for the differentials, managed to lower A main bar so i can get something started to lower the front differential but would like to figure out how to lower the rear diff as well

IMG_20181007_180833.jpg

IMG_20181013_212358_083.jpg

IMG_20180918_171159.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Isn't the axle going through the frame going to be the biggest issue?

Isn't the axle going through the frame going to be the biggest issue?
Yes but if i can figure out how to lower the rear diff i can run it under the frame. Have you seen the guy with the 8 inch lifted explorer who did all that fabrication?

Yes but if i can figure out how to lower the rear diff i can run it under the frame. Have you seen the guy with the 8 inch lifted explorer who did all that fabrication?

I don't think I have. Sounds cool though.

You’re probably talking about duner’s explorer, huge lift he created! The white one on this thread: New Lift Option

They look great. Truck looks mean too.

Thanks i really need to get fabricated arms im struggling with my factory arms because they suck

Even with the BTF A-arms it’s pretty close to the strut springs on my 05. I put the Rancho quick-lifts with the smaller spacer in your photo. The struts haven’t settled yet.

BC95C8A8-3A34-412D-A9FB-93562DB34773.jpeg

145B673F-8B49-4AB5-9FA5-0DA6079A8BE6.jpeg

A59BA2EF-D1C6-49CC-961D-B539A665FC58.jpeg

F628D4E0-2C1C-48D0-8773-4B0286B8E901.jpeg

CF257E66-D1C9-466D-BC47-5787DAF98068.jpeg

Im also using different knuckles they are off of an 06-10 explorer because im using the 06-10 front struts and they lift it more too

I saw a post where someone mounted the A-arms underneath the bracket instead of on the top. They had to cut the original pivot rod into 2 pieces and add a bracket to return it’s lost strength/stability to accomplish it, but if you could fabricate a pivot rod that cleared and was still 1 piece that would work great. It may induce steering alignment problems however since the upper and lower arms wouldn’t be parallel anymore?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah and me with using my stock upper arms they are bending because i didn't add the lost pivot arm or extra trength but maby nothing will happen with the btf arms with lowering them? Because they are strong. I didn't want to at first because i still don't know where im going to be at with those using my setup and with the actual 3 inch spacers too

Back