Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

4.6 Upper Intake Gasket Part Number

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by jk86racing, March 24, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jk86racing

jk86racing New Member

City, State:
      Granby, CT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      06 Ford Explorer V8 E.B.
      Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 2006 4.6 I have taken the intake manifold apart to clean out all the oil and carbon. I separated the plastic intake from the charge motion control plates and wanted to replace all the gaskets. My question is does anyone know the part number for the gasket between the plastic intake and the charge motion control plates? It is different than the gasket between the plates and the cylinder head.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Partsman109

Partsman109 Legion of Doom

City, State:
      Westerly, RI
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2018 F150 SuperCrew 4x4
      It seems that Ford doesn't service those seals separately. I checked Explorer and Mustang 4.6 3v applications in my catalog.

A search for the Steeda delete plates shows this in the install instructions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]