Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

4.6 V8 Stuck Torque converter on transmission

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by jd250, December 14, 2014.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jd250

jd250 New Member

City, State:
      Raleigh,NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
      I recently bought an 03 4.6 V8 Eddie Bauer that had a bad engine well i finally got around to fixing the engine and installing it on the car but the problem is that when i mate the engine and tranny together the engine locks up and wont spin even though everything is all lined up so i took the engine out to check the torque converter and realized that its stuck on the transmission and wont come off it does spin freely and wiggle a little but wont come off.i did make sure to see that the converter was seated in properly and before i tried to install the engine and it seemed fine but it was in the same exact position its now that i realized its stuck so im thinking it may have already have been stuck and is not something i did that made it get stuck but if it was stuck how did the old engine didn't have any issues .. i dont know what do here?? this isnt the first exlorer engine i have installed i have done many v6's but this is my first v8

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.