Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

4 low light coming on

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by jtfannin, October 7, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jtfannin

jtfannin New Member

City, State:
      Pineville, WV
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '93 XLT
      I just bought a 93 xlt 4wd. I have only driven it maybe 50 miles. This morning, the indicator light next to the 4 low button was dimly lit, and stayed on even after I shut the engine off and back on a few times. The car was driving normally (rwd only). I looked down a little while later on my way to work, and it had gone off, then it flickered on for a bit and went off again. Any ideas?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Blaine122300

Blaine122300 Elite Non explorer owner

City, State:
      Tucson, AZ
      1997 Land Rover Disco
      was your ash tray open a little. It may have just been some light coming up through the back of the dash from your ash tray. check it out.

Also, welcome to the site. You will find a wealth of info on this site and a ton of people that know a ton about explorers. If you use the search feature, you will more than likely find anything you are looking for. Everyone on this site is always more than happy to try their best to help you out.

Again, Welcome and happy exploring.

Andy

4. jtfannin

jtfannin New Member

City, State:
      Pineville, WV
      '93 XLT
      No - although it was very dim. The 4 hi light had no illumination whatsoever. Maybe just a short?

Also - I am capable of changing plugs/wires/belts/hoses/water pumps/etc. Would it be wise to attempt changing the front rotors myself, or taking it to a shop? I believe that the hubs have to be removed to change the rotors? I've never dealt with brake pads/rotors before.

Thanks, Jason.