Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

410Fortune 1988 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4x4

Discussion in 'Bronco II Registry' started by 410Fortune, January 9, 2007.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 410Fortune

410Fortune ELITE BRONCO2ERER Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
      7B Panhandle
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      B2 Mod
      I installed one for my friend and ever since I have needed to buy it! I could build one but have not found the time in the last 3 years or so LOL

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Benjam

Benjam Active Member

City, State:
      WI
      92 XLT Stick,4x4, 422 cam
      Hows that redhead steering gear? Tight?

4. 410Fortune

City, State:
      7B Panhandle
      B2 Mod
      absolutely the best upgrade I have made to my front end, the bii holds the road and steers like a much much newer truck, even with my modified ttb and steering

5. R.J.

R.J. Elite Explorer

City, State:
      La Habra Hts, CA
      90 Bronco II
      Better steering? Tell me more!

6. 410Fortune

City, State:
      7B Panhandle
      B2 Mod
      Okay my 88 steering system:
      Redhead steering gear box, superlift Superrunner steering system with Chevy one ton TRE
      I keep the superlift bushings in the idler arm greased. Even with my 5" of suspension lift my beams and steering tie rods run flat/ in phase with the beams (factory like geomety) my camber correction shims are basically set at stock keeping my camber at 0 at ride height. I set my toe at 0 also, I find with 35" tires I do not need any toe in, just straight up 0 degrees camber and 0" of toe. I run Raebestos premium ball joints upper and lower and with this setup I have almost zero bump steer and the truck handles better then it EVER DID stock or with the beams stretched out for lift.
      The redhead box removes all slop from the steering, my BII is tight and responsive both on and off road.
      Checkout the redhead website for more info on how they fix the defective factory steering gear and ship you a better box. I cant wait to get one for my 97 CCFB 7.3 shop truck

The BII is in the shop RIGHT NOW for the first time in a WHILE getting some much needed love.
      First I am installing my new James Duff plate rear bumper with tire and jerry can swings (needs primed and paint)
      Fixing the rocker rust (3rd time is a charm!)
      Fixing my bent tailpipe (moab 2007)
      and installing my new Idaho custom license plates!!! (vanity plates cheap in ID, heck taxes and fees here are super cheap and NO EMISSIONS)
      I may also remove or cover my roof basket, it simply collects too much snow in the winter and is a PITA!!

I use my BII as a daily driver in the winter, and winter is coming quick this far up North fall is in full effect!! (09/22/18)
      I have not carried a full size spare on the back of this truck in 15 or so years now, I cant wait!!
      I need to add some sort of small back seat so I can use this to haul 3 kids to school during blizzards, I have a small fold and tumble back bench from a Suzuki Samurai I may use, I also have some Polaris RZR seats and also some Ranger flip down seats from extended cab...not sure which route I will go yet.
      I will get some pics of the BII upgrades and steering system for you guys

Sometime soon I will also be re doing the entire exhaust system from the TM headers back, I no longer require cat converters here in ID and my old 2005 v8 system the muffler has rusted through plus the down pipes hang down way too low for my liking. I have learned alot since fist doing the conversion in 05, the BII is finally getting some love in 2018!!