4R55E transmission trouble. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4R55E transmission trouble.

wilfred197600

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 sport
I have lost reverse and foredward high speed. I adjusted bands as per your post instructions. still, no foreward or reverse. The vehicle is a 96 ford explorer. need help.:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the transmission section. Check the pressure on your transmission with a 0 - 300 PSI gauge. It's possible that the pump broke or the EPC solenoid failed. A blown valve body gasket could cause a similar issue.

I appreciate your response. Ithink you're right. A BLOWN PUMP. I'm taking it out and tearing it down. THANKS AGAIN.....

where is this pump located at? I also have the same issue, no drive/reverse... i have a 95 ford explorer with the 4r55e, i also have a small blow out in the valve body gasket, i have to let off the gas in order to let the transmission shift into 2nd gear... i have the new filter and gasket but now i need to know if i should also replace the pump , what do i do here? maybe its the same issue your having? idk...

Back