4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 55 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to the forum, just thought I’d post a quick pic

C79A60BF-CAB1-4B6E-956D-A6ACA12AE37C.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PUR PONY, what headlights are those? Are they projectors?
They are Sport Trac Adrenalin headlight housing that i retrofitted with MoriMoto Mini D2S 5.0 HID projectors.

20200114_215719.jpg

light.jpg

IMO, it is much better looking than these monstrosities they are putting in new cars these days. The size of the screens are ridiculous and in many cases obstructs the driver's view. I was fortunate enough to get a 4th gen with the navigation unit. It does everything I need and more. It does think I am off road at times due to it not having been updated since 2010. I like that it is not reliant on an internet connection for navigation. There have been a few times where my phone has lost signal and navigation stopped working and the head unit just keeps on doing its thing. In these areas there are no new roads so the lack of updates aren't an issue. I think yours looks factory and is not over the top with a large protruding screen. They sell head units now that have large screens sticking out from the dash that look nuts to me.
I agree- i cant stand the screens they are putting in new vehicles and i hate how most new vehicles rely on a cell phone for nav and music. I like things built in.
I did replace my factory nav with a larger screen and went as large as possible but still looks factory. Its an 8" so its the same size of the screens used in the 2013+ fords before they started going to the things that stick up above the dash - I like the updated look the new radio gives as well as the features.

20191209_004600.jpg

20191209_005700.jpg

20210703_073227.jpg
With plastic wheel trims removed (temporary)

Asi quedo ya en la ruta. 4 de suspension y llantas 33

Attachments

• 20210821_161639.mp4
    3.6 MB

Honestly I think it look great the way it is
Imo :burnout:

07 XLT
120k miles, 6k miles on reman Ford 4.0
265/70r16 Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain
Hyperdipped a set of 16s off of my previous gen 02 Explorer in piano black.
1.5” wheel spacers
No lift but a lot of suspension components replaced including quick struts on every corner.
Black headlights and grille off eBay
Adding a bug/rock deflector (not usually a fan of how those look but I’ve got some pretty gnarly rock chips on the hood I’d like to cover)
85FDD1E5-17F1-4BC2-9530-94978BF07BA7.jpeg
29C4B2DF-DC5D-4CE3-ABD7-BDD036197AB9.jpeg
8FA5BCA8-A472-4FEB-80E1-5EFD8D8EFC2C.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back