4wd lights flashing, power windows not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4wd lights flashing, power windows not working

BostonExplorer96

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer XLT
I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, I did some searching here and didn't find too much info on my problem.

96 Explorer xlt 4.0

Awhile ago my 4wd lights would flash and all of the windows would stop working, now the lights still flash every couple of minutes and the windows haven't worked in a year. I've checked all the fuses, even replaced the Acc delay relay and still having the same problem. I'm wondering if it's the GEM module. If anybody has had this problem and knows the solution, I'd appreciate the help.

No power at the Blue/Blk stripe wire at the switch, through the door or under the dash. When I put my Power probe to the switch all the windows work.

Hey, check the wiring going to the transfer case underneath the vehicle. I had similar flashing lights and one of the contributing factors was that a stick or something must have caught some wires in a harness going to the transfer case. A little soldering, and I was good to go. Also check fuses. Not trying to be insulting, but sometimes it is easy to forget simple stuff.

Back