• Register Today It's free!

4x4 light flash blink over 25mph

hugocsl

Reaction score
City, State
Bh - Brazil
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 98 XLT V6 4x4
Hi guys! Im needing some help from you experts.

First of all Im from Brazil, so sorry about my english and if is a duplicated post, but is hard to me found what i need in the old stuff.

My car is a Ford Explorer 97/98 V6 AT 4x4 and I got a "bug" in my 4x4 system... I am not sure if my TC is a BW4405 or 4404 or even a 1354...

So thats the deal:

When I start my car I am able to turn the 4x4 system High an Low on, and the light at the panel is working fine. But Every time I go over 30 mph (+ -) the High and Low lights in the panel starts to blink for 6 times ever 3 minutes and the 4x4 system fail and will not work till I turn the car off and start it again. So the lights will be down and the 4x4 system will work again. But if a go again over 30 mph the 4x4 lights will start to blink again!

I hope I made my self clear, any help is welcome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Forgot to post some pics

5,5 lift and 35" tires...

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Also, http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19161

and, http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233799

It seems to me from thumbing through a few of these threads that the first thing you can try is disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the computer; it may work, it may not.

After that there's any number of suggestions on these threads, most of which sound relatively easy to accomplish on their own and inexpensive as well, it is just going to take some time to hunt down the culprit.

Lol, reading through some of the other threads, I found this lovely compilation:

So now you have plenty of reading materials, for what it may be worth. Good hunting!

Thx Naasau

Naasau thank you very much dude! I really appreciate your help.
BTW I already tried to disconnect the battery, but it doesn't work...

Now is time to study a bit in those threads, once again thx for this tips!

Sure I will Naasau

- Battery tipe don´t work

Still need to verify
- Check fuse #26
- Check 4x4 module
- Check TC Ground Wire
- Check Speed Sensor in axles

See you

Back